This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option)
(05-13-2011, 10:54 AM)corvenik Wrote: I just found a bug in rev2132, the screen is not totally showed.

for example rev 2131:

rev 2132:

same settings in both screens

Same bug here on Crisis Core, I can't see the bottom of screen. Rev 2319
(05-18-2011, 05:55 AM)Gosurag Wrote:
(05-13-2011, 10:54 AM)corvenik Wrote: I just found a bug in rev2132, the screen is not totally showed.

for example rev 2131:

rev 2132:

same settings in both screens

Same bug here on Crisis Core, I can't see the bottom of screen. Rev 2319

How did you get r2139 to launch a game? I get an error after selecting a game since r2137 using the x86 version.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 5.84 KB / Downloads: 63)
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
(05-18-2011, 06:54 AM)legend80 Wrote: How did you get r2139 to launch a game? I get an error after selecting a game since r2137 using the x86 version.
From your log file, it seems that the file "flash0/font/debug.jpft" is missing. It is included into the official distribution. Could you check if it is present?
(05-20-2011, 01:57 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(05-18-2011, 06:54 AM)legend80 Wrote: How did you get r2139 to launch a game? I get an error after selecting a game since r2137 using the x86 version.
From your log file, it seems that the file "flash0/font/debug.jpft" is missing. It is included into the official distribution. Could you check if it is present?
r2143 now avoids to throw a NullPointerException when debug.jpft is not present... but the file has still to be present for full functionality.
Just tested r2143 in FFBig Grinissidia and I'm having the same problem with the screen being cut off. In addition there is a visible black bar on top of the screen now. And fullscreen mode seems to have all the same problems as before, unfortunately.
(05-20-2011, 08:39 PM)Finzy Wrote: Just tested r2143 in FFBig Grinissidia and I'm having the same problem with the screen being cut off. In addition there is a visible black bar on top of the screen now. And fullscreen mode seems to have all the same problems as before, unfortunately.

I've already identified the black bar issue and I'm already working on a fix for it. Also, after the changes introduced in r2136, I've found that a particular VTYPE mode in VideoEngine is causing trouble.
It seems to be the source of that double resize issue that can be seen in most games. We're currently looking for a fix and, hopefully, that should finally bring proper screen resize. Wink
Problems, problems and more problems... Now we cannot resize with F4 to click on RUN! How can we suppose to run any game on fullscreen? Youve implemented that little menu and it was good, but you disable the option to return to window size when pressing F4. How can we press the RUN button? :/

Plus... we cannot quit the fullscreen window when theres any game running... sometimes when a click some mouse and keyboard buttons like crazy, i can manage to run a game or enter the Options windows... but its very hard to do it and i can only manage to do this by a chance of 5% of the times.

I think that you are making a mess with 2 programmers working in two different versions of builds... maybe its the problem.

Why dont you configure a shortcut key to the RUN button that works whyle in fullscreen and when you load a game from the manager??
(05-21-2011, 05:49 PM)vingadorjr Wrote: Problems, problems and more problems... Now we cannot resize with F4 to click on RUN! How can we suppose to run any game on fullscreen? Youve implemented that little menu and it was good, but you disable the option to return to window size when pressing F4. How can we press the RUN button? :/

Plus... we canno quit the fullscreen window when thares any game running... sometimews when a click some mouse and keyboard buttons like crazy, i can manage to run a game or enter the Options windows... but its very hard to do it and i can only manage to do this by a chance of 5% of the times.

I think that you are making a mess with 2 programmers working in two different versions of builds... maybe its the problem.

Hm? On the right-click menu you have shortcuts to the "Run" and "Exit" buttons, as well as "Load UMD" and "Configuration" and all that...
First, gid and I are working on different things, so that's not an issue. Then, it takes several tries to get things right, it's impossible to predict if this will work for everyone or not. Undecided
For instance, I'm able to right-click and access the new menu at any time, even when games are running. However it seems a lot of users can't. All I can do is assume that this is a compatibility issue with Windows 7 or Windows Vista which is known to bring a lot of unecessary graphical overloaded functionalities, that is probably preventing JPCSP to recognize a "popup" event (in this case it should be the right-click).
Unfortunately, I don't own multiple systems to test all these issues. Sad
(05-21-2011, 05:58 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(05-21-2011, 05:49 PM)vingadorjr Wrote: Problems, problems and more problems... Now we cannot resize with F4 to click on RUN! How can we suppose to run any game on fullscreen? Youve implemented that little menu and it was good, but you disable the option to return to window size when pressing F4. How can we press the RUN button? :/

Plus... we canno quit the fullscreen window when thares any game running... sometimews when a click some mouse and keyboard buttons like crazy, i can manage to run a game or enter the Options windows... but its very hard to do it and i can only manage to do this by a chance of 5% of the times.

Hm? On the right-click menu you have shortcuts to the "Run" and "Exit" buttons, as well as "Load UMD" and "Configuration" and all that...
First, gid and I are working on different things, so that's not an issue. Then, it takes several tries to get things right, it's impossible to predict if this will work for everyone or not. Undecided
For instance, I'm able to right-click and access the new menu at any time, even when games are running. However it seems a lot of users can't. All I can do is assume that this is a compatibility issue with Windows 7 or Windows Vista which is known to bring a lot of unecessary graphical overloaded functionalities, that is probably preventing JPCSP to recognize a "popup" event (in this case it should be the right-click).

Ive tested it with XP too, as i have those two OSs. In the XP, when you do a right click, the menu "FLICKS", but it isnt consistent and you must do something like 10 right clicks to the menu stays in position without vanishing... its very bugged, sorry. On 7 the menu simply dont show up after you load a UMD.

Another problem in the XP is that when you beggin a game, the frame rate goes down and beggins to skip, but when you activate the right click menu, it becames normal, but only stays at normal speed if the menu stays onscreen.

Its strange, dont you think?

In either way i do think the right choice to do is to put the F4 option again, to resise to window mode... i dont know why you removed it...

and man... i dont know if im right or wrong, but i really think you ALL should be concentrating in resolve this screen issues before going implementing something else. Its a matter of team organization. Sorry if i cannot exprees myself properly in english... and sometimes what i write can lookgs a little harsh, but its not, its just some languages limitations.

Keep up the good work!
(05-21-2011, 06:45 PM)vingadorjr Wrote:
(05-21-2011, 05:58 PM)Hykem Wrote:

Ive tested it with XP too, as i have those two OSs. In the XP, when you do a right click, the menu "FLICKS", but it isnt consistent and you must do something like 10 right clicks to the menu stays in position without vanishing... its very bugged, sorry. On 7 the menu simply dont show up after you load a UMD.

Another problem in the XP is that when you beggin a game, the frame rate goes down and beggins to skip, but when you activate the right click menu, it becames normal.

Its strange, dont you think?

In either way i do think the right choice to do is to put the F4 option again, to resise to window mode... i dont know why you removed it...

and man... i dont know if im right or wrong, but i really think you ALL should be concentrating in resolve this screen issues before going implementing something else. Its a matter of team organization. Sorry if i cannot exprees myself properly in english... and sometimes what i write can lookgs a little harsh, but its not, its just some languages limitations.

Keep up the good work!

That's odd...
I don't seem to get any of these issues with the popup menu. Huh

Is everyone getting this bug?