This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option)
(04-29-2011, 09:56 PM)darkcloudl Wrote: mmm i dont understand, when i use fullscreen mode i press f4 then i click in the screen but not work, the game dont start, always have the black screen...
mmm i dont understand, when i use fullscreen mode i press f4 then i click in the screen but not work, the game dont start, always have the black screen...

The fullscreen function still needs work. It doesn't work for anyone yet.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

ahh ok noproblem Smile i´ll keep waiting, I thought I was the only one with this problem
(04-29-2011, 09:56 PM)darkcloudl Wrote: mmm i dont understand, when i use fullscreen mode i press f4 then i click in the screen but not work, the game dont start, always have the black screen...
mmm i dont understand, when i use fullscreen mode i press f4 then i click in the screen but not work, the game dont start, always have the black screen...

You must click on the screen before pressing F4. ^^
As there seems to be some misunderstandings concerning these features and what can and will be implemented for JPCSP, let me briefly explain this.
JPCSP renders 3D and 2D graphics, therefore, like Aredo initially thought, the main goal should be to come up with good filter solutions for both modes.
As hyperspeedgx noticed, the Bilinear filter was correctly renamed into Anisotropic.
If you check JPCSP's source code you will see that the filter that's really implemented is indeed the Anisotropic filter and not a Bilinear filter. It was mistakenly named as Bilinear due to other future purposes for those same filters.

So, concerning these filters in JPCSP, we have:
- 3D filters:
- Anisotropic filter: IMPLEMENTED - uses the LWJGL pipeline.
- Bilinear filter: NOT IMPLEMENTED - needs a manual implementation.
- Trilinear filter: NOT IMPLEMENTED - needs a manual implementation (based on bilinear).
- 2D filters: NOT IMPLEMENTED.

As you can see, anisotropic, bilinear and trilinear are all different filters. Anisotropic is the only one that's currently implemented in JPCSP, using LWJGL extended capabilities, and it's also the best of the 3D filters in question.
2D filters are, for example, Super Eagle, 2xSal and the hqnx algorithms (hq2x, hq3x). These are popular solutions employed in several emulators, which are now under investigation to be implemented in JPCSP. Wink
(05-01-2011, 08:29 PM)Hykem Wrote: As there seems to be some misunderstandings concerning these features and what can and will be implemented for JPCSP, let me briefly explain this.
JPCSP renders 3D and 2D graphics, therefore, like Aredo initially thought, the main goal should be to come up with good filter solutions for both modes.
As hyperspeedgx noticed, the Bilinear filter was correctly renamed into Anisotropic.
If you check JPCSP's source code you will see that the filter that's really implemented is indeed the Anisotropic filter and not a Bilinear filter. It was mistakenly named as Bilinear due to other future purposes for those same filters.

So, concerning these filters in JPCSP, we have:
- 3D filters:
- Anisotropic filter: IMPLEMENTED - uses the LWJGL pipeline.
- Bilinear filter: NOT IMPLEMENTED - needs a manual implementation.
- Trilinear filter: NOT IMPLEMENTED - needs a manual implementation (based on bilinear).
- 2D filters: NOT IMPLEMENTED.

As you can see, anisotropic, bilinear and trilinear are all different filters. Anisotropic is the only one that's currently implemented in JPCSP, using LWJGL extended capabilities, and it's also the best of the 3D filters in question.
2D filters are, for example, Super Eagle, 2xSal and the hqnx algorithms (hq2x, hq3x). These are popular solutions employed in several emulators, which are now under investigation to be implemented in JPCSP. Wink

Thanks for clearing that up but I still don't get it. I know you know what you're talking about but I thought from everything I read/seen, bilinear was for sprites and other 2d stuff - that's what I use in snes9x, Gens, Mame, etc and it smoothes out 2d gfx nicely. I don't like most of the other 2d filters you mentioned since they go way overboard and make things like too contrasty/cartoony.

Hopefully, whatever those emus use for "bilinear" we can get implemented here so games like 2d fighters can not look pixelated like they do now.

Also, any update on the fullscreen feature by chance? Are you making progress on getting this working better and with non-native resolutions?
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
(05-01-2011, 09:49 PM)legend80 Wrote: Thanks for clearing that up but I still don't get it. I know you know what you're talking about but I thought from everything I read/seen, bilinear was for sprites and other 2d stuff - that's what I use in snes9x, Gens, Mame, etc and it smoothes out 2d gfx nicely. I don't like most of the other 2d filters you mentioned since they go way overboard and make things like too contrasty/cartoony.

Hopefully, whatever those emus use for "bilinear" we can get implemented here so games like 2d fighters can not look pixelated like they do now.

Also, any update on the fullscreen feature by chance? Are you making progress on getting this working better and with non-native resolutions?

Ah, sorry, you're referring to "Bilinear Interpolation" in it's whole context. This is a mathematical algorithm, just like all the other ones I've referred as 2D filters, that can be used to smooth out images.
When considered in the texture mapping context, we call this process "Bilinear Filtering".
Of course, this algorithm can also be employed in the 2D graphics' context, but since I was trying to establish the difference between the Anisotropic (which works with textures' angles) and the Bilinear filtering in 3D only, I just referred to it in this context. Tongue

As for the full-screen, indeed, I've managed to reach some progress which I shall commit for the next rev. However, for non native resolutions, there still seems to be a software conflict which I haven't managed to trace down in Windows Vista/7.
It would be very helpful if someone with these OS could find out which application/theme is preventing the full-screen exclusive mode to change the screen's resolution. Thanks! Smile
(04-22-2011, 07:26 PM)Hykem Wrote: I've removed the display mode change in r2098.
Russian community requests to return this feature, (Video -> Resolution) it's possible? Thanks! Smile
(04-25-2011, 08:02 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(04-25-2011, 07:51 PM)Finzy Wrote: Tested it on FFBig Grinissidia, anti-aliasing worked fine on my Mobility Radeon HD 4670, so did anisotropic filtering, menus were perfectly ok using native resolution (1920x1080) and full screen, but ingame the game still only renders a small close-up of the terrain (as in, it's totally fudged up Tongue).

Still, it's progress, thanks for adding the AA and anisotropic filtering options!

Ah yes, the viewport also needs to be rescaled so the 3D matches the resolution.
Adding it right now. Thanks for testing! Smile

what happened to this? its not added Undecided
(05-07-2011, 10:40 AM)corvenik Wrote:
(04-25-2011, 08:02 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(04-25-2011, 07:51 PM)Finzy Wrote: Tested it on FFBig Grinissidia, anti-aliasing worked fine on my Mobility Radeon HD 4670, so did anisotropic filtering, menus were perfectly ok using native resolution (1920x1080) and full screen, but ingame the game still only renders a small close-up of the terrain (as in, it's totally fudged up Tongue).

Still, it's progress, thanks for adding the AA and anisotropic filtering options!

Ah yes, the viewport also needs to be rescaled so the 3D matches the resolution.
Adding it right now. Thanks for testing! Smile

what happened to this? its not added Undecided

I know, I've postponed that update to another rev, because I'm trying to figure out with my commits aren't showing in the "Updates" page. Undecided
I've introduced a couple of changes in r2132. First of all, I've finally removed the F4 switch method and now fullscreen has it's own popup menu! Big Grin
I've also moved the display related settings to an appropriate "Display" menu, so you can now find the anti-alias, resolution and fullscreen options under Options > Configuration > Display.
Now, when lauching JPCSP in fullscreen mode, just left-click and a new menu will popup (it's still very basic, since it's mostly for testing). I've also done some work on screen resize, which still needs some testing, but in the end it should bring a great improvement to the fullscreen feature and fix the issue reported by Finzy and corvenik.
Also, the Anisotropic filter option is now saved as well, so you don't need to press it again after starting JPCSP. Wink