This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
New AMD/ATI drivers bug identified: workaround in r2015
Any news on 11.11 drivers?
i have them, shaders still work
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15
(11-18-2011, 06:38 PM)Game Wrote: Any news on 11.11 drivers?

How should I say...
It's working, but you have to enable "Use vertex cache". Then, you gain a HUGE FPS boost. Only downside is that JPCSP constantly crashes with specific games. Like Duodecim and 3rd Birthday... and I think there's a lot more Sad

At least that's how it is for me with r2392.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 7850 2.80 GHz RAM: 4GB VGA: ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB/256bit
crashes as in the whole emulator closes down and gives a general java error, or the game crashes, becomes unresponsive/stops?

in the second case you could give a debug log on at least info level.
(11-25-2011, 06:12 PM)serio Wrote: crashes as in the whole emulator closes down and gives a general java error, or the game crashes, becomes unresponsive/stops?

in the second case you could give a debug log on at least info level.

It's the second case. And I get this with r2393 too.
I usually get two types of error message, but the one I get the most is this. (Other one is an "Out of memory" error too, something like "can't create new thread" or something like that)

My html and txt logs was always bigger than 200kb, so I just attached a picture of it. Anyway, it seems that the x64 version is stable, although I have to test a little more to be sure. It's just that the x64 version is stuttering/minor-lagging constantly. It's annoying as hell.

As a side note, I don't really know that this is because the vertex cache or because ATI's new driver. With4 11.5, I never used vertex, everything worked right gameplay-wise with an acceptable FPS. Enabling it just lead to FPS drop. Now, I MUST enable vertex cache if I want to see the menus and want much better FPS... menus... these things worked before Sad
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 7850 2.80 GHz RAM: 4GB VGA: ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB/256bit
(11-05-2011, 09:25 PM)megaten666 Wrote: Actually with 11.10 I have FPS issues but shaders indeed working now. This misery is painful.
yes, i have the same problem, Sad. this is caused by the ati drivers, or by jpcsp?, i have core i3 530 3.7 oc and a ati hd 4670 1gb. (i ever buy a ati card again -.-)
anyone tried 11.11a?
okay i tried to play P3P with the same settings i always used (GE to texture enabled only) and was stunned by the fact that it crawled at 10 fps, so i have done some testing and found out that:

With the 11.10, 11.11(a,b,c):
- if Vertex Cache is NOT enabled the game(P3P in this case) will crawl at 10 fps, with it enabled it never gets past 40 fps
- with shaders enabled and vertex cache enabled (+ or - VAO) it goes 60 fps constant but characters look like hedgehogs(in other games this setting seems to net the best results)

With the 11.5 and 11.9(possibly others):
- with only GE to Texture enabled i get 60 fps (with occasional dips to 40 fps)
- if you want to use shaders anywhere you will die trying.

Conclusion: Install the 11.11c driver(newest at the moment) and 11.5 or 11.9 driver.
Use 11.11c for games that need shaders to work (i.e Wild Arms XF etc...).
Use 11.5 or 11.9 for the games that do not need shaders to work.

The test was done using Jpcsp-x86 r2934 on Windows 7 x64.

I hate AMD !!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S: I have not tested the x64 version of Jpcsp because it stutters/lags like hell.
P.S.S: Oh and before i forget : I HATE AMD !!!!!!!!!!!!!
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
Shit, this may be the reason why Fate/Zero seems to be capped at 20 when the CPU usage aren't even that high.

I second you andru, AMD suck.
(12-02-2011, 12:41 PM)bugmenot Wrote: Shit, this may be the reason why Fate/Zero seems to be capped at 20 when the CPU usage aren't even that high.

I second you andru, AMD suck.

Try using Only GE graphics, for me Fate/Zero works at 30 fps (which is the max with Only GE) with occasional dips to 20 fps(when there are many people on screen/ many enemies etc...). Without Only GE graphics it works at 60 fps with occasional dips to like 40 fps.

Try these settings:
[ ] Disable VBO (automatically disabled if not supported)
[X] Only GE graphics (not recommended for homebrew)
[X] Use vertex cache [may not be necessary for Nvidia but idk/ on ATI it gives a huge fps boost]
[X] Use shaders (experimental)
[ ] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
[X] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders) [may not be necessary for Nvidia but idk]
[ ] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache) [never enable it causes corruption in dungeons]
[X] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
[ ] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
[X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI) [not necessary for Nvidia but might give 1/2 fps boost]
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask" (more accurate but slower)

Set compiler Method Size to 50 to avoid out of memory errors.
For me after like 2 hours of play or so the game will freeze so save often.