This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
New AMD/ATI drivers bug identified: workaround in r2015
Hey, guys anyone has any comment on the latest ati drivers? I don't know why but I can use shaders in 11.5 just find. mine is amd radeon 5730
I installed 11.9 to play RAGE and figured I'd give JCPSP a shot and it actually plays Disgaea 2 much better than it did in 11.5 for me. I can actually combine vertex cache and shaders without things disappearing and get pretty solid 60 FPS all around.

Note: this is just the normal 11.9 drivers, not the 11.9 RAGE specific driver. I only have Windows Vista and ATI completely dropped the ball on supporting Vista -- the RAGE specific driver they released is Win7 only, so us Vista users are dead in the water for a couple weeks until they decide to release the full 11.10 driver. Definitely, definitely not buying ATI next card, but that's neither here nor there I suppose.

That said, if RAGE gets ATI to actually work on their OpenGL code then it could definitely benefit JCPSP and make things run a lot smoother for all of us here.
So... if I can Ask to U ALL Rolleyes

What version of catalyst have best quality for your JPCSP game Huh
AMD Athlon II X3 3,1 GB - Geforce 8500GT 256 MB - DDR2 1x2GB - XP SP3 32bit - Wink
i would say 11.8 more faster but 11.10 preview 2 has better support when i use shaders
Yah but if I try going back to only GE I get some invisible stuff with 11.10.
One more time!
yep its true i really never tried it with GE , i only play kingdom hearts bb , but i think i am geting more speed on 11.8 , 11.10 it give you shader but on kh i get some random crashes , and i also said better no perfect support to shaders.
11.10 is just out.
now shaders work at last. Smile
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15
Thanks to RAGE Smile, now if only more high profile opengl came out for pc...
Greetings guys. Any more comment on the latest ati driver release?
I always have trouble installing new driver.It wont show the display driver in the list of option. Whatsup with that?
Thanks in advance..............
Actually with 11.10 I have FPS issues but shaders indeed working now. This misery is painful.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 7850 2.80 GHz RAM: 4GB VGA: ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB/256bit