This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFC UNDISPUTED 2010
psp 
Hello everyone,

First let me introduce myself, my name is Bruno, and I'm new to PSP Emulation...I used to emulate every Ps2 game untill I got frustrated and bought a original Ps2 last week.
But I wanted desperatly to play UFC Undisputed 2010 or Ea Sports MMA.
Well, I looked for a Iphone Emulator Tongue, Ipad, (I did not looked for Ps3 or Xbox360 emulators because IT IS a WASTE of time) and finnally PSP.
And then I found out that THQ published UFC 2010 to Psp! Yay!
Well, I'll not lie here, I DO NOT OWN a PSP. I readed carefully the forums and I know that we can't emulate downloaded games, so I took my shot. I live in Brazil so theres a Game Store 24h near by, I got there 2:30 AM lol, and bought an ORIGINAL copy of UFC UNDISPUTED 2010 for PSP, for 89,99 (brazilian R) and tryed to run it.
I have a PowerISO registered account so I ripped the ISO following the instructions of a post in this forum.
Worked, REAAAAAAALY slow 15 fps, so I started testing the Configurations Options. All I did was enable:

"Ignore invalid memorie access"
Tested again, PERFECT! 35-48 fps awesome speed and graphics!
Thank you for that DEV TEAM.
Then I started testing all the modes, all worked fine, so I decide to REALLY play the game.
Started the carrer, created my fighter, blablabla. First Fight and First Error:

Exception in thread "user_main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

From there, all I saw was a black screen for 5 minutes, when I concluded that the game had crashed, I tested many times after that, and the same happens.
My log.html is allways empty.
Can you guys help me out?

PC SPECS:

NVDIA GeForce 9600GT
Intel Core Quad 2ghz
6gb of RAM

Windows 7 64bits , but I'm using the x86 (32bits) Emulator, because I tested both and I really think the 32 bits its better.

So, any thoughts?

#EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to inform you guys my VERSION of the Jpcsp, it is the r1884.

Thanks again, and sorry for that
(03-11-2011, 07:28 PM)Pingutino Wrote: Very interesting. How you got the Iso file of your ORIGINAL UMD. DO YOU HAVE A UMD DRIVE?

No sir, the only way you can make an ISO is with a PSP, and I live in a building (idk if that how u guys call) so I have a neighboor who did it for me. I don't want to play the game at his ap.

Thanks
(03-11-2011, 07:35 PM)Bruno09 Wrote:
(03-11-2011, 07:28 PM)Pingutino Wrote: Very interesting. How you got the Iso file of your ORIGINAL UMD. DO YOU HAVE A UMD DRIVE?

No sir, the only way you can make an ISO is with a PSP, and I live in a building (idk if that how u guys call) so I have a neighboor who did it for me. I don't want to play the game at his ap.

Thanks

OK, let's believe his story.

I don't have that game so I can't say if it works at all but there are some things you should consider:
- The "Out of PermGen space" error can be avoided using the right java parameter. Use the launcher and activate the option in Advanced.
- Use the latest revision, get it from the buildbot.

Maybe it works ...
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(03-11-2011, 08:44 PM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(03-11-2011, 07:35 PM)Bruno09 Wrote:

Thanks

OK, let's believe his story.

I don't have that game so I can't say if it works at all but there are some things you should consider:
- The "Out of PermGen space" error can be avoided using the right java parameter. Use the launcher and activate the option in Advanced.
- Use the latest revision, get it from the buildbot.

Maybe it works ...

Thank you for your reply.
The launcher you mean the Java Launcher? and sorry but what revision?
I'm sorry, I'm really new on PSP emulation and I don't know anything about Java.

#EDIT: Oh got it. Revisions hehe sorry. The UFC 2010 does not run in the lastest revisions Sad
#EDIT2: Got the launcher hehe. Enabled the option. I'll test.
#EDIT3:OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG THANK YOU! It worked I'm playing now, how can I positive you? You helped me ALOT! Thank you
Thank you Death for all your help.
After 2 perfect hours of Gameplay in Career Mode, I've experienced no more "Memory" crashes, I did the basic tutorial for 1 hour untill I learn everything. Then I won the 1st Amateur fight, after that, the game take me to a gym, where I can't read anything, I mean the texts are missing, that must be the 1 bug of the game, because I'm totally stuck on it, Cannot read cannot chose what to do.
(03-11-2011, 10:52 PM)Bruno09 Wrote: Thank you Death for all your help.
After 2 perfect hours of Gameplay in Career Mode, I've experienced no more "Memory" crashes, I did the basic tutorial for 1 hour untill I learn everything. Then I won the 1st Amateur fight, after that, the game take me to a gym, where I can't read anything, I mean the texts are missing, that must be the 1 bug of the game, because I'm totally stuck on it, Cannot read cannot chose what to do.

How about a screenshot of the missing text and a log? Would be really helpful.
For the log you have to activate it in Debug, Logger, Activate Logger then set the level from NONE to INFO. Once you are at the no text situation close the emulator and then compress the log.html in your emu directory and upload it here.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(03-12-2011, 09:48 AM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(03-11-2011, 10:52 PM)Bruno09 Wrote: Thank you Death for all your help.

How about a screenshot of the missing text and a log? Would be really helpful.
For the log you have to activate it in Debug, Logger, Activate Logger then set the level from NONE to INFO. Once you are at the no text situation close the emulator and then compress the log.html in your emu directory and upload it here.

OK here it goes.
It should be a text in EVERY img in there.
I don't think I did the log part right tho, I played an exhibition match, where all works fine, not in career, but it should be an text in the first main Menu and there is not, If we could fix it this game would be "Playable".

1st Img- Career.
2st Img- Main Menu.
3st Img- Career.

Thank you for your attention Death

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   log.rar (Size: 19.12 KB / Downloads: 79)
You have to have a real PSP,otherwise it is illegal.Even if game is original.
(03-13-2011, 12:36 AM)Game Wrote: You have to have a real PSP,otherwise it is illegal.Even if game is original.

Buddy, my friend made the ISO for me...but if its bothering you "Yes I own a PSP, thanks for your help."
(03-13-2011, 12:07 AM)Bruno09 Wrote: OK here it goes.
It should be a text in EVERY img in there.
I don't think I did the log part right tho, I played an exhibition match, where all works fine, not in career, but it should be an text in the first main Menu and there is not, If we could fix it this game would be "Playable".

1st Img- Career.
2st Img- Main Menu.
3st Img- Career.

Thank you for your attention Death

You did the logs right but I can't find anything about fonts, maybe one of the unhandled imports is the reason for that. Hopefully one of the devs can take a look at the logs.

On a side-note: I have several games that would be playable but the font is making problems. It is something you have to live for now. The "built-in" font is quite hard to handle so don't expect an fix very soon.