This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Revision 2006...
I've added the ability to save your last choice for the filters and resolutions' options in r2016 as requested. Also, some big changes have been introduced for the full screen mode.
Due to Java restrictions, I had to go for a workaround based on resetting the emulator. What happens now is that when pressing the full screen option (hotkey is now F4 to avoid conflicting with other programs), the main window needs to be destroyed and the logger needs to exit. Then, the main window is set to be undecorated, the run/pause/reset toolbar is hidden and the screen is resized. The emulator is then reset and automatically runs again.
The best way to use this new feature is to load a game and then press F4. This will reset the game and load it directly into full screen mode. Wink
(03-12-2011, 10:08 PM)Hykem Wrote: I've added the ability to save your last choice for the filters and resolutions' options in r2016 as requested. Also, some big changes have been introduced for the full screen mode.
Due to Java restrictions, I had to go for a workaround based on resetting the emulator. What happens now is that when pressing the full screen option (hotkey is now F4 to avoid conflicting with other programs), the main window needs to be destroyed and the logger needs to exit. Then, the main window is set to be undecorated, the run/pause/reset toolbar is hidden and the screen is resized. The emulator is then reset and automatically runs again.
The best way to use this new feature is to load a game and then press F4. This will reset the game and load it directly into full screen mode. Wink

Not working here(black screen,but I can hear the sound) and "resize " not works with "Only GE. "
What config do you recommend to test it and I need to choose the resolution "800x600" to fullscreen work (EX: in emu and the desktop), or I can leave the default emu resolution (480x272) and desktop with a resolution of 1024x768,this also should work or not.

With MMX F4(fullscreen) not working because I can not click it or press enter to confirm.(only black sreen)

Edit:Resize now kill less FPSSmile nice work Hykem keep it up.Wink
Bilinear and Resolution still not save after close jpcsp,(the option is checked but not works you still need select,bilinear and resolution to works)
@Hykem, You could add the Anisotropic Filtering (16X)Wink
Because Bilinear, not help in anything.Big Grin
Anisotropic Filter is good and he not kill many FPS.(maybe, it not lose any performance)
Thanks in advance.
CPU: Intel Core I7 3770 OC'ed 4.2GHz
RAM 8GB DDR3
Nvidia GTX 560
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
Currently using Driver 310.90 WHQL
(03-13-2011, 01:32 AM)hyperspeedgx Wrote: Not working here(black screen,but I can hear the sound) and "resize " not works with "Only GE. "
What config do you recommend to test it and I need to choose the resolution "800x600" to fullscreen work (EX: in emu and the desktop), or I can leave the default emu resolution (480x272) and desktop with a resolution of 1024x768,this also should work or not.

With MMX F4(fullscreen) not working because I can not click it or press enter to confirm.(only black sreen)

Edit:Resize now kill less FPSSmile nice work Hykem keep it up.Wink
Bilinear and Resolution still not save after close jpcsp,(the option is checked but not works you still need select,bilinear and resolution to works)

Ah yes, well spotted. I forgot to add the initial actionPerform for those options. Tongue
For the full screen, try testing it with some simplier applications like small games, homebrew or demos and see if you can run them. The issue is that the emulator needs to reset the game and, of course, some games have issues with this. Sad
The best resolutions are still the native ones 480x272, 960x544 or 1440x816. These are easy to emulate and work perfectly, but the others will always result on graphical bugs for now, since they need more complicated rescaling. Try experimenting with one of those resolutions to see which one fits better the full screen resizing. Smile

(03-13-2011, 03:08 AM)hyperspeedgx Wrote: @Hykem, You could add the Anisotropic Filtering (16X)Wink
Because Bilinear, not help in anything.Big Grin
Anisotropic Filter is good and he not kill many FPS.(maybe, it not lose any performance)
Thanks in advance.

Well, currently, we can't start the display module with 16x samples as with causes crashes in a lot of common graphic cards. It seems to work fine on NVIDIA, but Intel and AMD provide buggy drivers that don't support this feature correctly.
We'll have to figure out a workaround for this... Sad
Do we really need full screen rendering? Or basically we just need to match the size of rendered image and desktop size? Wouldn't it be more simple to hide menu and minimize window borders or even move the upper part of emulator's window out of the desktop?
(03-13-2011, 05:02 PM)Aredo Wrote: Do we really need full screen rendering? Or basically we just need to match the size of rendered image and desktop size? Wouldn't it be more simple to hide menu and minimize window borders or even move the upper part of emulator's window out of the desktop?

That was actually my first idea, since full screen exclusive mode is something that requires strict conditions to be deployed. However, I noticed that Java seems to do more than just resizing the window for exclusive full screen mode. When attempting to manually resizing the application to match the desktop's size, the aspect ratio is completly broken.
The exclusive full screen mode is capable of applying a post rendering rescaling to the whole JFrame, which is quite a nice perk, but it also requires all those conditions, so we really have to chose carefully here. Undecided
(03-13-2011, 04:08 PM)Hykem Wrote: Ah yes, well spotted. I forgot to add the initial actionPerform for those options. Tongue
For the full screen, try testing it with some simplier applications like small games, homebrew or demos and see if you can run them. The issue is that the emulator needs to reset the game and, of course, some games have issues with this. Sad
The best resolutions are still the native ones 480x272, 960x544 or 1440x816. These are easy to emulate and work perfectly, but the others will always result on graphical bugs for now, since they need more complicated rescaling. Try experimenting with one of those resolutions to see which one fits better the full screen resizing. Smile
Hmm,resize(1.5X,2X,3X) not work for some games (God of War,The 3rd Birthday and others.)
No luck here ,full screen, not work.Sad
The best resolution works here is 480x272.
960x544 and 1440x816 works with bugs and the others are broken like you said.

(03-13-2011, 04:08 PM)Hykem Wrote: Well, currently, we can't start the display module with 16x samples as with causes crashes in a lot of common graphic cards. It seems to work fine on NVIDIA, but Intel and AMD provide buggy drivers that don't support this feature correctly.
We'll have to figure out a workaround for this... Sad
Well,no problem,but i mean one option to you select AF (None,1,2,4,8,16) like Bilinear(None,Bilinear).
If you can enable or disable the AF,(AF:None), will work fine on Intel and AMD,but, AF, only for Nvidia, it is not Cool,right.Big Grin