This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Revision 2006...
It's running alot slower than the previous revisions and it looks like Bilinear is always activated...

I have turned it on and off and both times Dissidia looks exactly the same but runs 15-20 FPS slower than it did on 2004.

Is there a way I can edit the Revision and remove the filtering addition?
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
Disgaea : Afternoon of Darkness -- ULUS 10308 -- Firmware 3.51
-- Voice is available only for first-several words on each sentence. The rest are mute.
-- Pretty much playable.

Dissidia -- ULUS 10437 -- Firmware 5.50
-- Return critical error : Index 255; Size: 2

Kingdom Hearts : Birth by Sleep -- ULUS 10505 -- Firmware 6.20
-- Return error upon "Run" :
Exception in thread "DiscInfoBind" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at jpcsp.crypto.CryptoEngine.DecryptPGD(CryptoEngine.java:2238)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.IoFileMgrForUser.hleIoIoctl(IoFileMgrForUser.jav
a:1680)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.IoFileMgrForUser.sceIoIoctl(IoFileMgrForUser.jav
a:2088)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.IoFileMgrForUser$19.execute(IoFileMgrForUser.jav
a:3213)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules.HLEModuleManager.handleSyscall(HLEModuleManager.jav
a:334)
at jpcsp.HLE.SyscallHandler.syscall(SyscallHandler.java:94)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.syscall(RuntimeContext.java:67
0)
at _S1_3_8B30458.s(_S1_3_8B30458.java:4)
at _S1_3_880EBD4.s(_S1_3_880EBD4.java:520)
at _S1_3_880E258.s(_S1_3_880E258.java:92)
at _S1_3_880F750.s(_S1_3_880F750.java:136)
at _S1_3_880F750.exec(_S1_3_880F750.java)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.runThread(RuntimeContext.java:
701)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeThread.run(RuntimeThread.java:51)

Star Ocean : First Departure -- ULUS 10374 -- Firmware 4.05
-- Movie OK , Sound OK, FPS stable at 60.0.
-- There is no character sprite after inserting name....

Star Ocean : Second Evolution -- ULUS 10375 -- Firmware 4.05
-- Movie OK, Sound OK, FPS 30 - 35
-- Viewport seems to be incorrect when we resize window.... This doesn't happened in other games mentioned.

Final Fantasy Crisis Core -- ULUS 10336 -- Firmware 3.73
-- Movie OK, Sound OK, FPS 30 - 40
-- Load saved data from previous JPCSP versions failed when option "Save Data in Crypto Mode" checked.. Otherwise works normally...
-- NPC sprites = white and grey colored... Only main-character's sprite seems fine....

Lord of Arcana -- ULES 01507 -- Firmware 6.31
-- Un-bootable... although I'm pretty sure in r1986 this game is bootable until first encounter... Crashed when the characted swings his weapon.

These are tested using ALL options checked in Video except : Disable VBO, Only GE Graphic, Disable UBO.

I haven't tried those games which need to be decrypted on a real PSP yet... So, can I assume that KH:BBS and Dissidia still can't be decrypted on-the-fly with JPCSP ?
After checking TMP folder, I have an EBOOT.bin for KH:BBS... This is the result of checking "Dump decrypted eboot.bin" in Option... But, is this already fully decrypted and working ? Coz though I can load the game, when I click "Run", there are errors on command window, and the game won't start....
Unfortunately fix for Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy -NPJH50377 [Encrypted] in r2006 breaks some games. Sad
i have a problem with this revision as i can't run ANY games with it i press RUN and nothing happens
even the cube sample doesn't work. rev 2005 works fine
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15
Something really odd is going on here...
I just tested the demo sample with r2009 and it's working just fine. Undecided
Plus, the filters seem to be working fine, as it's possible to distinguish the appearence of the bilinear blur from the sharpness of not using any filter at all...
Is this an ATI exclusive issue? Huh
Where's the problem in this?
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
(03-08-2011, 09:28 PM)Vegerunks Wrote: Where's the problem in this?

Well, apparently, nowhere... Huh
I've reverted all the changes in r2006 one by one and I couldn't get any differences.
After changing some settings, I noticed I can get a fully black screen even with the cube demo if I enable shaders, but that's it.
This may be a combined effect of r2005 and r2006 instead, but gid already revamped the whole filter system in r2008 in a way that it's completely independant from the RenderingEngine from the start.
Could you please try loading something with all settings unchecked (except for the "Use dynarec" of course)?
So Hykem have you tried removing just Filters and Resolution? Because on my computer it looks like the Filter is always enabled

Edit: Okay so I disabled Everything but Dynarec and i get a even bigger speed drop but i can see the bilinear change then. I guess it could be requiring a stronger video card now...
(03-08-2011, 09:39 PM)Vegerunks Wrote: So Hykem have you tried removing just Filters and Resolution? Because on my computer it looks like the Filter is always enabled

Edit: Okay so I disabled Everything but Dynarec and i get a even bigger speed drop but i can see the bilinear change then. I guess it could be requiring a stronger video card now...

Really odd...
I did try removing just the filters and the resolution changes, but it only removed that feature, like it was expected. I'm wondering where this massive compatibility bug is coming from... Sad
My only guess is that AMD Fixes don't cooperate with Nvidia and maybe Intel.