This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No way to query the right registry value for Java.
First of all my apologize for my poor english.
Thus, my problem: when I try to launch a version of jpcsp superior in r1796 I obtains to everything blow the message
"Error: the system was not able to find the key or the value of the register specified, the required version of Java has not been installed or isn' t recognized "

I have to try to find a solution, but without succes.

On the other hand by looking a little comments associated to the releases of diferents versions of JPCSP, I noticed that in the version "limit" working on my pc it was written: "Update Windows batch scripts to find the Java path from the registry instead of using default installation path.
The only problem I see is for people running the 64bit batch script from a 32bit context on a 64bit OS as I can't find a way to query the right registry value. Should be quite rare..."

...Yeah rare, but lucky'am!!!

On the other hand that's good to say that I'm NOT on 64bit OS, so I don't understand at all.

So please, help.
Hmm, really odd... Undecided
I'm guessing the registry values are being written in some unconvencional way.
Try fully uninstalling any Java SE versions you may have in your system and then do a fresh install. Sometimes multiple installations can conflict with the registry entries.
Regrettably, I have already tried, and that gave nothing: always the same problem.
In fact, I think that the problem does not come from Java, because the previous versions in r1796 work without any problem on my computer.
Thus one of the evolutions applied to JPCSP seems to raise a problem, but I do not know which, nor even if there is a solution.

Hopeless...
So, can you confirm again that :
- if you're not running a 64bit OS, what OS are you on ?
- you launch the file start-windows-x86.bat
- you don't have a folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64
- you allow the installation software from Java to edit the keys HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment in the registry
I'm running a 32bit OS, I launch the file start-windows-x86.bat, and I allow the installation software from Java for the registry, all the keys are present.

But, in fact, I have a file C:\Windows\SysWOW64: It could be the problem?