This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragoneer's Aria - ULUS10291
tested with
r2002

missing some sound effects, played through a few battles, I don't see any major glitches.

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 8.19 KB / Downloads: 112)
r2860

Game is working however it seems to no longer upscale the character graphics like in the first post (I even tried using AA),
I tried Toggling Only GE graphics, save ge textures to memory vertex cache ....etc and still looks like native res, I'm pretty sure this broke long ago, I forgot to report it.

video
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xv3p31_...videogames

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Log_r2860(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 134.74 KB / Downloads: 86)
(11-15-2012, 07:09 AM)hyakki Wrote: r2860

Game is working however it seems to no longer upscale the character graphics like in the first post (I even tried using AA),
I tried Toggling Only GE graphics, save ge textures to memory vertex cache ....etc and still looks like native res, I'm pretty sure this broke long ago, I forgot to report it.
dan83 found out that r2492 broken graphics in some games. Could you try to undo the change from r2492 in the latest revision. i.e. move back the 7 lines modified by 2492 to their previous location. Would it help?
I'm still investigating...

Thank you!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(11-15-2012, 07:52 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 07:09 AM)hyakki Wrote: r2860

dan83 found out that r2492 broken graphics in some games. Could you try to undo the change from r2492 in the latest revision. i.e. move back the 7 lines modified by 2492 to their previous location. Would it help?
I'm still investigating...

Thank you!

Code:
        if (!canCacheTexture(tex_addr)) {    
        if (loadGETexture(tex_addr)) {
            re.setTextureMipmapMagFilter(context.tex_mag_filter);
            re.setTextureMipmapMinFilter(context.tex_min_filter);
            checkTextureMinFilter(false, context.texture_num_mip_maps);
            textureChanged = false;
            return;
        }
Moving the lines down just give me a black screen in this game and Dante's Inferno (but other games work with the lines changed.), ill try to narrow it down to a specific rev if I can.
I also had a different PC when I tested this game before so it could be video card related I guess (different opengl versions)

Edit:
Ok strange I reverted all the way back to r2000 and graphics still look psp like, It must be video card / driver / opengl related (back then I had a 9800 GTX +)

btw Dante's Inferno also suffers from a similar bug (not as bad as this game) where Only GE graphics needs to be enabled for it to upscale, it won't do it with that option unchecked Smile

I have tested the game(many revisions), and the game never was upscaled, in your first post the screenshots are in 1x,that is why looks good(I think).
I also don't remember that Dragoneer's Aria ever upscaled right since r17xx.