This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphics problem.
I haven't seen a thread about this problem so I guess it's my computer's problem.

I'm running JPCP SVN 2002, and all three games I have appear to have the same missing graphics problems. I've attached images depicting the issue.

These games are: Blaze Union: Story to Reach the Future, Yggdra Union and Riviera the Promised Land.

Apparently, there's some sort of huge invisible square that's on top of the game preventing some graphics to render properly, ending in messed up sprites or completely missing. The only area said square doesn't cover is a couple of pixels to the left, if you see in one of the images only a vertical stripe is visible.

Java is up-to-date, so are my graphics card drivers. If anyone could help me with my problem, I would be really grateful. I leave you my specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
CPU: Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 2.50 GHz (2 CPU)
RAM: 2046 MB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (512 MB)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What are your settings?

I have experienced those glitches on other games, and usually the cause is from:

Use Non-native fonts being checked
Use Shaders(Some video cards don't work right with shaders)
Use Vertex(Again some video cards don't like it)

if any of those are checked then uncheck them individually and experiment until it works right
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
Only things checked are the use of Media Engine and SonicStage decoding.

I've tried using other SVN revisions but the problem still lies.
maybe the games are incompatible then
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
Yggdra Union at least works.

Blaze Union should work too, they use the same engine. Riviera, however, has the graphics turning into colored squares as soon as a battle starts, but shares the invisible square problem before that.

EDIT: So I went ahead and ripped another game: Hexyz Force. Similar problem, the stripe is still there.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)