This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hard drive memory problem
psp 
hi guys im having a problem playing FF VII:Crisis core , while im playing my hard drive memory is constantly decreasing :S

does anyone have the same problem? how can i fix this? someone help me pls
(03-01-2011, 02:33 PM)DPassos92 Wrote: hi guys im having a problem playing FF VII:Crisis core , while im playing my hard drive memory is constantly decreasing :S

I assume it is because of the TMP folder. All the AT3+ files are converted to WAV files (uncompressed) which are very big (30-40 MB+). After a while playing you have 1 GB easily.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
can you delete everything from the TMP folder without it harming any of the games?
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
(03-01-2011, 04:55 PM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(03-01-2011, 02:33 PM)DPassos92 Wrote: hi guys im having a problem playing FF VII:Crisis core , while im playing my hard drive memory is constantly decreasing :S

I assume it is because of the TMP folder. All the AT3+ files are converted to WAV files (uncompressed) which are very big (30-40 MB+). After a while playing you have 1 GB easily.

I deleted the files in TMP. i had already 4 gb of files xD

now i can go on playing. THANKS Big Grin
(03-01-2011, 05:57 PM)Vegerunks Wrote: can you delete everything from the TMP folder without it harming any of the games?

Well if you delete everything then all the audio files you have decoded from that point will be gone and you'll have to decode everything all over again.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

well what happens if you have to decode everything again? is it going to make the audio work less?
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
The audio will still work, but during the game you will encounter pauses when the emulator has to decode the audio before playing it. The bigger the audio file (and the slower your CPU is), the longer the pause. If the audio is already decoded in the tmp folder then the emulator just plays the decoded audio directly so no pauses will occur. Therefore for best performance just leave the tmp folder alone and get a larger hard disk drive instead. Smile