This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 4 Average
God of War: Ghost of Sparta - USA - UCUS98737
(07-14-2012, 01:14 PM)fullpulse Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 12:46 PM)srdjan1995 Wrote:
(07-13-2012, 11:17 PM)fullpulse Wrote: I use jpcsp 2574 and I tried with 2306 and no hope
My settings
video
-use vertex cash
-use shaders
-use geomtry shader
-disable UBO
-enable VAO
-enable saving Ge screen to texture
-enable dynamic shaders generation
Memory
-ignore invalid memory
Media
-use media engine
-decode audio with sonicstage ( search and dwnload it )
compiler
-use compiler
Crypto
-extract decrybted eboot.bin

Well, use latest version, use this config:
Video:
-use vertex cache
-use shaders
-enable saving ge screen to texture
Media:
-use media engine
-decode audio with sonicstage
Compiler:
-use compiler
-maximum metod size 50

Everything else is unchecked. This is what i use and with
this configuration u will get highest fps ur pc can handle.
Also, this configuration works with almost every game. Try these
config with rev 2614 (latest one). One more thing, don't use nvidia 304.79 beta drivers, use 301.42 (regular drivers, not beta) or 304.48 beta. I use 301.42 and have no problems with game. Enjoy dude Wink
Let me know if u can't pass mounts of aroania. Download java 7 also, it
will help u too. Cheers!

Thank u Smile but am really an ATI pc and I was testing the emulator graphics with the game and only the config i've run the game fairly beside that this part ( mounts of aroania ) can't pass even with psp so i hoped i can do anything to pass that , at all i will give a try with other difficulty after finishing exams and thnx again 4 ur reply.

No problem man. I realy don't know why you can't pass mounts of aroania, but maybe it's cuz of ATI graphic card. Shaders don't work good with ati cards, because ATI don't have them (u know nvidia have core, memory and shader settings, well ATI have only core and memory). Hope u will fix ur problems once. Cheers!
r2652
GoW: Ghost of Sparta UCES01473
Level: info
Code:
[GUI] WARN  ge - UNSUPPORTED: Both different SFIX (0x3F5444) and DFIX (0x808080) are not supported (blend equation=0), approximating with 0x3F5444/0xC0ABBB
(07-07-2012, 07:48 PM)fullpulse Wrote: ... the problem resides in graphics though , the speed for me reached around 20 but with graphical bugs ... to fix them i can use one of the 2 graphical options :
-Enable decoding of indexed textures
-Disable optimized vertexInfo reading

checking one of them fix graphics but it really drop the fps to around 5.
Similar situation here, but i must add that since r2684 games become friendly with ATI cards (At least with mine) and GOW is one of those games.

The game maximum FPS is 20 and is a decent speed for being playable; however, graphics are very glitch. As fullpulse, it can be fixed enabling the option "Disable optimized vertexInfo reading" but game speed take the price of that fix because FPS goes down dramatically to 1/3. CLUT option does not speed up or down game, neither fix graphics so i keep it off.

Like gid15 told to fullpulse, turning off VertexCache make disappear some strange lines but some glitch graphics will still there; the only option that fix graphics at all is "Disable optimized VertexInfo reading"

To keep game playable on 20 FPS i must have this options enabled:
-Only GE Graphics = Without it game models are just strange bars everywhere.
-Use Vertex Cache = Bring the most important speed boost and can be alone to bring it.
-Use Shaders = Fix some video flaws.
-Disable UBO = Fix some video flaws and bring a speed boost if activated with other speed boost options.
-Enable VAO = Without it game models are just strange bars everywhere.
-Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory = Bring a speed boost if activated with other speed boost options.
-Enable Dynamic shader generation = Fix some video flaws and bring a speed boost if activated with other speed boost options.
-Disable optimized VertexInfo reading = This one will fix graphics at least 99% but game speed goes to 2/3 FPS.

So, as i say r2684 changes were magical to my ATI card bringing a very notable and important speed boost to all my games including this one. I guess other improvement like that will make games more friendly with ATI cards Big Grin. Thanks gid15; keep on.

Attached Files
.7z   r2703x64 - GOWGOS (Profiler+InfoLog).7z (Size: 184.72 KB / Downloads: 113)
[Image: montcer.png]
(07-11-2012, 01:00 PM)fullpulse Wrote: @vanngoctien
Please give me the config and jpcsp version. Please.

my jpcsp is 2574
U should update Ur graphic card and java

My settings
video
-use vertex cash
-use shaders
-use geomtry shader
-disable UBO
-enable VAO
-enable saving Ge screen to texture
-enable dynamic shaders generation
Memory
-ignore invalid memory
Media
-use media engine
-decode audio with sonicstage ( search and dwnload it )
compiler
-use compiler
Crypto
-extract decrybted eboot.bin

Using an ATI 5870 card, I can say that I can now play the game with these settings. 30 fps mainly. Thank you very much :-)

(08-30-2012, 06:54 PM)Megaritis Wrote: Using an ATI 5870 card, I can say that I can now play the game with these settings. 30 fps mainly. Thank you very much :-)
WTF?? Huh ... Could you tell me what Catalyst, OS and JAVA version are you using??

I own an ATI 6620g with Catalyst 12.8 (Updated August 8), Java 7 U5 and Windows 7x64 and game only reach 20 FPS maximum. I have use same config you quote.
Here is a short gameplay i record on:
AMD A8-3510mx APU with ATI 6620g (444/620 MHz, 512Mb dedicated) 8Gb RAM at 1333 MHz. \ Java 7 Update 5, Windows 7 x64 and Catalyst 12.8.
(08-30-2012, 08:39 PM)montcer9012 Wrote:
(08-30-2012, 06:54 PM)Megaritis Wrote: Using an ATI 5870 card, I can say that I can now play the game with these settings. 30 fps mainly. Thank you very much :-)
WTF?? Huh ... Could you tell me what Catalyst, OS and JAVA version are you using??

I own an ATI 6620g with Catalyst 12.8 (Updated August 8), Java 7 U5 and Windows 7x64 and game only reach 20 FPS maximum. I have use same config you quote.

My specs are:
ATI Radeon 5870 overclocked to 910MHz
Intel I7-860 running at 3,4GHz
Windows 7 x64
8GB RAM
Catalyst 12.8
Java 7 Update 7

The x64 build of JPCSP seemed to "prefer" 30 fps: i.e. with the x86 build I had static 20fps in the menu, whereas with the x64 build I had 30fps.

Attached is a screenshot of my video settings.

I also uploaded a video:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-07-2012, 03:41 PM)Megaritis Wrote: My specs are:
Now i know why the game run pretty well for you hahahhaa.

My ATI 6620 only reach 667 MHz (I guess i can't overcloked it cause it part of the APU CPU) and CPU 2.5 GHz for each core (A8-3510mx is quad core).

Thanks for all the info man.

EDIT: It seems that for you graphics are glitch as well; if you enable "Disable Vertex info" option graphics will fix, however FPS will go down, isn't?
(09-07-2012, 03:59 PM)montcer9012 Wrote:
(09-07-2012, 03:41 PM)Megaritis Wrote: My specs are:
Now i know why the game run pretty well for you hahahhaa.

My ATI 6620 only reach 667 MHz (I guess i can't overcloked it cause it part of the APU CPU) and CPU 2.5 GHz for each core (A8-3510mx is quad core).

EDIT: It seems that for you graphics are glitch as well; if you enable "Disable Vertex info" option graphics will fix, however FPS will go down, isn't?

It works very good to him, but still there are graphical glitches. Nvidia rules when it's about this emulator. On Nvidia, there is only shadows graphical glitches, and nothing more. Also, FPS is higher (depends on CPU). With that cpu and some nvidia card (some of 9 series is good enough) he would have about 50-60 FPS without any problem Wink

(09-07-2012, 03:59 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: Now i know why the game run pretty well for you hahahhaa.

You're welcome. Smile
Disabling that option dropped my in-game FPS to 4. Big Grin

(09-07-2012, 03:59 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: It works very good to him, but still there are graphical glitches. Nvidia rules when it's about this emulator. On Nvidia, there is only shadows graphical glitches, and nothing more. Also, FPS is higher (depends on CPU). With that cpu and some nvidia card (some of 9 series is good enough) he would have about 50-60 FPS without any problem Wink

It looks like ATI users will still have to wait for some time. Great progress nonetheless. Comparing to the last time I tried, which was half a year ago, there has been great improvement in compatibility with ATI cards.