This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with loading a game.
I've got the ISO for Final Fantasy Tactics The War Of The Lions which, at least according to this thread, is at least somewhat playable. However, once I hit "load UMD" and click on the game I want, nothing actually happens. Could it just be that the game isn't actually compatible? I notice that for the default cube demo that there's a CSO file as well as an ISO file, so will I need one for my tactics game as well? I'm using the latest build from this website and the emulator won't even open up the demo cube for me either, but the one I got from the official website will still load the demo but not the actual game. I should mention that this is my first time using the emulator and loading up a game, so I hope that this is merely an issue with the settings or something.
I'm also noticing now that the screen stays completely gray v0.6 1994 but the one that will play the demo, v0.6 1772, actually has a black screen by default. When I load up the game on 1772 then it would play past Square Enix and the Ivalice Alliance project and then give me an error saying "Faked MPEG video" that I have a screen shot of in one of the attachments.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.bmp   different.bmp (Size: 26.38 KB / Downloads: 78)
What, 73 views and not a single suggestion? I know it seems like I'm being impatient, but I could at least use some troubleshooting tips. I've followed all the tutorials and whatnot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....sy+tactics Maybe reading this thread will help. And enable the media engine in the configuration menu to get rid of the static.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

(02-20-2011, 09:00 PM)Kai3213 Wrote: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....sy+tactics Maybe reading this thread will help. And enable the media engine in the configuration menu to get rid of the static.
Well thanks for the suggestion, but that thread's the first link in my original post and where I found out I might be able to play it. The only suggestion is to download the newest build and enable the media engine which I have already done. Also, like I said in my original post, when I try to load up the game it doesn't even start up at all using the build that I got from the suggested website, and the one from the official website is the one that lets me get past the first two screens until I get an error.
have you tried hitting the play button? alot of games auto pause when you start them
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
(02-21-2011, 05:55 AM)Vegerunks Wrote: have you tried hitting the play button? alot of games auto pause when you start them
Yes...