This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
r2492 regression
With this revision the game Wipeout Pure looks like crap, it is seriously overbloomed.

Attaching screenies.

Settings in both cases
[ ] Disable VBO (automatically disabled if not supported)
[ ] Only GE graphics (not recommended for homebrew)
[X] Use vertex cache
[X] Use shaders (experimental)
[ ] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
[X] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
[ ] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
[X] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
[ ] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
[X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask" (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Disable optimized VertexInfo reading (may improve compatibility)
[ ] Use Software Rendering (very experimental, not yet complete, slow)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15
(03-22-2012, 03:00 PM)andutrache Wrote: With this revision the game Wipeout Pure looks like crap, it is seriously overbloomed.

Attaching screenies.

Settings in both cases
[ ] Disable VBO (automatically disabled if not supported)
[ ] Only GE graphics (not recommended for homebrew)
[X] Use vertex cache
[X] Use shaders (experimental)
[ ] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
[X] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
[ ] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
[X] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
[ ] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
[X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask" (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Disable optimized VertexInfo reading (may improve compatibility)
[ ] Use Software Rendering (very experimental, not yet complete, slow)
What is the behavior of r2491 when disabling "save GE to textures"?
There is a gray box in the upper left corner of the screenshot from r2491, which is usually the sign that the option "save GE to textures" was not working properly.

BTW, how does the software rendering perform for this game?

Thanks!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
i will test again and report to you in 2 hours when i get home Smile .
Software mode looks almost perfect from what i remember the ship engine trails were a bit bugged sometime's but ill have to test to see if the bug is still there.

L.E: Good i got home sooner than i expected Smile .

Tested stuff out and attached screenies an logs:
r2491-r2497 - If i do not use Save GE to texture the emu dies. (First pic)
r2492-software - Ugly like hell now the text is garbled, and ships look *cough* like they are invisible, used to work better some revs ago, if you want i can try doing some regression testing to see which revs broke it. (Second pic)
r2497-software - Java console blurts out the attached error, game does not start.
I also saved a log of r2941 without save to ge on, it spams lots of ge errors and this happens the same with r2497.

I hope this helps. Smile

L.E: Oh btw you said something about a grey box in my screenshot that was not overbloomed, well the grey box is still there but it is now white due to the overbloom. (Third pic)

.txt   r2497-software-error.txt (Size: 3.71 KB / Downloads: 58)
.zip   r2941-log without Save to GE.zip (Size: 171.42 KB / Downloads: 93)
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
This is how it looks in r2498.
The most annoying thing is the many 5 fps that it has on SW mode.
I still hope you will fix HW mode rather than using this super slowmo SW mode.

Cheers. Smile