This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.88 Average
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - ULUS10565
I'm using the newest version (3104) with Intel graphics in Linux (x64), and it's working pretty well (mostly fullspeed), except for a few things:

- I seem to be having the issue where music doesn't loop properly, so I guess it isn't fixed on Linux?
- Both spell effects and all cutscenes which take place indoors cause a large amount of slowdown (down to 10-15 FPS from usual 55-60). I've checked, and my CPU (a 2500k) isn't bottlenecking, which means it's probably the GPU, but I get fullspeed in Valkyria Chronicles 2 on the same config, so I have to assume it's a Tactics Ogre emulation issue...

Any advice? It's the slooooow cutscenes that are really a priority for me -- they aren't really tolerable as they are, and though I already know this game's story from the SNES version, I'd like to be able to follow along.

Thanks!
(04-16-2013, 05:38 PM)axfelix Wrote: I'm using the newest version (3104) with Intel graphics in Linux (x64), and it's working pretty well (mostly fullspeed), except for a few things:

- I seem to be having the issue where music doesn't loop properly, so I guess it isn't fixed on Linux?
- Both spell effects and all cutscenes which take place indoors cause a large amount of slowdown (down to 10-15 FPS from usual 55-60). I've checked, and my CPU (a 2500k) isn't bottlenecking, which means it's probably the GPU, but I get fullspeed in Valkyria Chronicles 2 on the same config, so I have to assume it's a Tactics Ogre emulation issue...

Any advice? It's the slooooow cutscenes that are really a priority for me -- they aren't really tolerable as they are, and though I already know this game's story from the SNES version, I'd like to be able to follow along.

Thanks!

Music should be looping in the latest revision (It's working for me with r3106) so I don't know if that's just a linux thing. As for the fps issue, I used to get a dramatic fps drop during spell casts until i tweaked with my video settings and now I can get it near a constant 60 fps. The only video options I have checked now are:
- only GE graphics
- saving GE screen to textures
(The screen flash pretty colours during the square-enix logo but it's fine in-game)
(04-19-2013, 12:06 AM)zergy Wrote:
(04-16-2013, 05:38 PM)axfelix Wrote: I'm using the newest version (3104) with Intel graphics in Linux (x64), and it's working pretty well (mostly fullspeed), except for a few things:

Thanks!

Music should be looping in the latest revision (It's working for me with r3106) so I don't know if that's just a linux thing. As for the fps issue, I used to get a dramatic fps drop during spell casts until i tweaked with my video settings and now I can get it near a constant 60 fps. The only video options I have checked now are:
- only GE graphics
- saving GE screen to textures
(The screen flash pretty colours during the square-enix logo but it's fine in-game)

hrm, I lose a lot of speed by unchecking Vertex Cache, and apart from those three options, nothing seems to make a big performance difference. Oh well; I expect things to be a bit weird on Linux + Intel.
Thanks to the newest builds of JPCSP, I can finally run Tactics Ogre flawlessly at 60 FPS and music looping!
I'm not sure if my computer is powerful enough to run this emulator, which is a bummer as I really wanted to try playing this game. I'll give some specs first:

Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 640, 3 GHz
RAM: 4 GB (I've seen recommendations for 8 GB, which worries me)
Page File: 2.2 GB used/7.5 GB total
DirectX Version: 11
Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200 (about 2 GB memory on it; I read that Jpcsp has some issues with this card brand)
DirectDraw, Direct3D, AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled
Driver Version: 8.862.3.0 (this seems old, but I'm not sure how to go about updating it)

Are there any recommended settings (including from the Launcher) that I should be using? I tried to get Large Page memory locked, but even with the Group Manager/me running the Launcher as an Administrator, the application says it doesn't have permission. At the moment, the game stutters through to the first tutorial battle at about 20 FPS and then just crashes.

EDIT: also, using the latest emulator release (v. 3129, 32-bit) on Windows 7 64-bit, I have SonicStage/OpenGL installed, and the Launcher version is 1.0.8.4.
You need to buy a proper graphics card, the one you have ( radeon 4200 ) is integrated on your mainboard and is too weak.
when/if you do, i suggest going for a relatively modern nvidia geforce. it has overall less problems with opengl than any ati/radeon card.
Is an Nvidia GeForce GT 640 appropriate? Seems like that one goes for ~$90.

Sorry that sounds so ignorant, I've never had to shop for/install a video card before. I could probably just get a PSP for ~$80 to ~$100 off of Amazon and download firmware for it to display on my desktop monitor, so I'm not sure I'd want the card to get any pricier than that.
If you don't have a psp then that means you're a pirate and here we don't accept piracy
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
Erm...well, I've had two before, but one got smashed and the other one's not available for use.

I was gonna post that I just went ahead and got another one from Wal-Mart; I don't feel comfortable with trying to install a new video card and I got impatient. I guess I don't really need the emulator anymore; thanks very much for your help, though @ digiadventures and serio. Sorry if I made anyone upset.