This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ape Escape On the Loose [UCUS98609]
Used to be playable, but seems broken in recent builds (not sure which one). Freezes at the first loading screen. Tested using rev 1984.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.html   log (4).html (Size: 18.89 KB / Downloads: 136)
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

It appears that the game became broken in rev 1964 just as I thought after reading the log.

Edit: It seems to be working again in rev 1994. This should be moved to playable.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

(02-14-2011, 01:27 AM)Kai3213 Wrote: It appears that the game became broken in rev 1964 just as I thought after reading the log.

Edit: It seems to be working again in rev 1994. This should be moved to playable.

how fast is the game going?
Tested on Jpcsp r3248 & 3129

Fully playable to completion (caught all monkeys & got the extra ending, doing time trials atm). Plays perfectly at full speed at all times save for very few areas like the entrance to the Trex's lair and when facing Dexter on Dexter's Island, where the fps dips when looking at a certain direction.

Minor graphics issues with water (water often shows misplaced like a few feet above/below from where it should be, or the texture is missing) and xray effects when entering a stage, otherwise it's all good.

A video I made of some time trials (Jpcsp r3248 - Ape Escape: OTL Time Trials - Sushi Temple & Wabi Sabi Wall):

Love this game, it seems to be pretty underrated though, which is a shame. It's a perfect remake of the original PS1 game, highly recommend getting it if you liked the original or like platformers in general.