This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
r17xx to r1982 ffmpeg-natives causing memory mapping error
Greetings to you all, I've been following this project for a while and finally decided to take a leap into it and have encountered an odd issue that I have been narrowing down over the past day or two.

It is entirely possible that this issue is a product of my computer's makeup or merely my own personal ignorance but I have reached an impasse and would like to request some help.

The Issue:
1)I am attempting to configure any build to successfully open 3rd birthday. In the earlier builds (pre media engine integration circa r17xx) seem to open it but are unable to run it past start up and the main menus are a jumbled mess of lines vertical and diagonal.

2)For all builds post media engine integration; the build will crash immediately if I click on 3rd birthday in the load UMD menu and generate an error of the nature attached to this posting.

The location:
I have been able to discover that in the r1772 build if I do not unzip the ffmpeg-natives file in the '<local>/lib/windows x-86' the game will load and proceed to issue #1 (above). If i do unzip that file and attempt to open any of my isos,save for the cube animation, it proceeds to issue #2(also above).
Therefore I believe the issue is related to the interaction of the media engine and my system. The builds that have it automatically unzipped also fall in with issue #2.

Attempts thusfar:
I have been lurking about the forums for related issues and its possible this thread exists elsewhere (and if so a link to said issue would be appreciated) but I have been unable to uncover much. I noticed in one thread that ATI cards have issues sometimes and that the omega drivers can help. Didnt help me. I have attempted several builds and the above issues have been all I have been able to generate.

Any help would be very appreciated. I am running windows xp-32. There should be relevant specs in the uploaded error log. Should you require any further info just let me know.

Thanks again.

Attached Files
.rar   hs_err_pid3820.rar (Size: 4.82 KB / Downloads: 102)
(02-11-2011, 04:39 AM)weveteran Wrote: Greetings to you all, I've been following this project for a while and finally decided to take a leap into it and have encountered an odd issue that I have been narrowing down over the past day or two.

It is entirely possible that this issue is a product of my computer's makeup or merely my own personal ignorance but I have reached an impasse and would like to request some help.

The Issue:
1)I am attempting to configure any build to successfully open 3rd birthday. In the earlier builds (pre media engine integration circa r17xx) seem to open it but are unable to run it past start up and the main menus are a jumbled mess of lines vertical and diagonal.

2)For all builds post media engine integration; the build will crash immediately if I click on 3rd birthday in the load UMD menu and generate an error of the nature attached to this posting.

The location:
I have been able to discover that in the r1772 build if I do not unzip the ffmpeg-natives file in the '<local>/lib/windows x-86' the game will load and proceed to issue #1 (above). If i do unzip that file and attempt to open any of my isos,save for the cube animation, it proceeds to issue #2(also above).
Therefore I believe the issue is related to the interaction of the media engine and my system. The builds that have it automatically unzipped also fall in with issue #2.

Attempts thusfar:
I have been lurking about the forums for related issues and its possible this thread exists elsewhere (and if so a link to said issue would be appreciated) but I have been unable to uncover much. I noticed in one thread that ATI cards have issues sometimes and that the omega drivers can help. Didnt help me. I have attempted several builds and the above issues have been all I have been able to generate.

Any help would be very appreciated. I am running windows xp-32. There should be relevant specs in the uploaded error log. Should you require any further info just let me know.

Thanks again.

Just some short notice:
- try to disable StarDocks themes
- use latest Catalyst 11.1
- if you installed Xuggler before (using the installer from their website) uninstall it!

EDIT: Welcome to DLL hell!

Code:
0x6c980000 - 0x6ca32000     C:\jpcsp-1984-windows-x86\jpcsp-windows-x86\lib\windows-x86\libxuggle-xuggler-3.dll
0x67ec0000 - 0x67f6f000     C:\jpcsp-1984-windows-x86\jpcsp-windows-x86\lib\windows-x86\libxuggle-ferry-3.dll
0x6ad40000 - 0x6bad4000     C:\WINDOWS\avcodec-52.dll
0x49ac0000 - 0x49ada000     C:\WINDOWS\avutil-50.dll
0x6f800000 - 0x6f808000     C:\jpcsp-1984-windows-x86\jpcsp-windows-x86\lib\windows-x86\avdevice-52.dll
0x64940000 - 0x64a46000     C:\WINDOWS\avformat-52.dll

I think this might be from a separate install from Xuggler. There are several files in your windows directory and some files are in the lib directory. This will not work. Uninstall Xuggler and if that does not work try to delete the avcodec-52.dll, avutil-50.dll, avformat-52.dll in your windows directory
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(02-11-2011, 07:42 AM)Darth1701 Wrote: EDIT: Welcome to DLL hell!

Code:
0x6c980000 - 0x6ca32000     C:\jpcsp-1984-windows-x86\jpcsp-windows-x86\lib\windows-x86\libxuggle-xuggler-3.dll
0x67ec0000 - 0x67f6f000     C:\jpcsp-1984-windows-x86\jpcsp-windows-x86\lib\windows-x86\libxuggle-ferry-3.dll
0x6ad40000 - 0x6bad4000     C:\WINDOWS\avcodec-52.dll
0x49ac0000 - 0x49ada000     C:\WINDOWS\avutil-50.dll
0x6f800000 - 0x6f808000     C:\jpcsp-1984-windows-x86\jpcsp-windows-x86\lib\windows-x86\avdevice-52.dll
0x64940000 - 0x64a46000     C:\WINDOWS\avformat-52.dll

I think this might be from a separate install from Xuggler. There are several files in your windows directory and some files are in the lib directory. This will not work. Uninstall Xuggler and if that does not work try to delete the avcodec-52.dll, avutil-50.dll, avformat-52.dll in your windows directory
Very interesting!

Could you try the following fix before deleting the DLL from your windows directory: edit the file start-windows-x86.bat and replace the 2nd line with
Code:
set PATH=lib\;lib\windows-x86\;%PATH%
I'm trying to give the DLL's from Jpcsp a higher priority when loading them.
@Gid15: I was able to attempt what you suggested and it yielded no noticeable effects as of yet, I have Isolated the .dlls in question rather than deleting them in case you wish for me to replicate this error for further testing.

@Darth 1701: I am in the process of working my way through your suggestions. I have removed the .dlls in question and I can select 3rd birthday from the UMD selection screen (even plays music and everything). With the media engine enabled it generates a similar error as soon as the opening cinematic would play (attached below from r1984). With it disabled, cinematics are replaced with static and the game becomes playable.

Thanks to you both for the help so far.

Attached Files
.rar   hs_err_pid3292.rar (Size: 5.07 KB / Downloads: 82)
(02-11-2011, 08:41 PM)weveteran Wrote: @Gid15: I was able to attempt what you suggested and it yielded no noticeable effects as of yet, I have Isolated the .dlls in question rather than deleting them in case you wish for me to replicate this error for further testing.

@Darth 1701: I am in the process of working my way through your suggestions. I have removed the .dlls in question and I can select 3rd birthday from the UMD selection screen (even plays music and everything). With the media engine enabled it generates a similar error as soon as the opening cinematic would play (attached below from r1984). With it disabled, cinematics are replaced with static and the game becomes playable.

Thanks to you both for the help so far.

Oops. Missed one file: swscale-0.dll in the windows dir, it should work then
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
i would look for the uninstallers for codec packs you might of installed like ccc pack, ffdshow , abusive players can also put in bad codecs and mess with codec priority ie: allplayer , bsplayer
Awesome! Thank you lot kindly. I Have it up and working, albiet slowly. Thanks again! I'll try to lurk about and see if I can't help this project along in any manner. You lot are performing admirable work thusfar. Keep up the good work.
how can i lower the index size on the jpcsp