This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help: Problems in character display
Why Chinese character and even English character can't be displayed properly in the game "Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 2"? All the characters are displayed as "?".
But in the debug window they are properly displayed in "INFO".
Meanwhile in other games like "Hatsune Miku: Project Diva" this problem didn't take place.
(01-30-2011, 10:00 AM)taleintervenor Wrote: Why Chinese character and even English character can't be displayed properly in the game "Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 2"? All the characters are displayed as "?".
But in the debug window they are properly displayed in "INFO".
Meanwhile in other games like "Hatsune Miku: Project Diva" this problem didn't take place.

This is already explained a few times: Some games use their own font where others use the built-in font from the PSP. Your game with the ??? use the second option. There are already some attempts to use either the original font files from the PSP or a self-made substitude. Right now you just have to wait for further attempts in this area.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Thanks for the explaination.
I'm a new visiter to jpcsp's forum, thus I don't know the discussions which were held before.