This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emulator Help
Question 
Hello all,
I'm faced with a bit of a sticky situation, and I'm hoping someone here on the forums can help me out. Currently, I'm in the process of helping write a carve/item guide for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. The accuracy and speed of being able to get all the needed information could be greatly improved if I could get CWCheats to hack my test savefile so I can remove some of the variables in game to get a more controlled environment to test our theories. I've unfortunately come across the upsetting fact that both my PSP model, and software version, are too up-to-date to run any type of unofficial firmware, and ultimately CWCheats.

I'm aware that their are many compatibility issues still present with many of the games out there, including the US version of MHFU. All I simply need is to be able to load my test savefile on the emulator, run CWCheats to hack to adjust some things, then save the game, and transfer that save over to my PSP and run my tests through the PSP itself.

I'm relatively new to the PSP's system but I'm a fast learner with programming, but if someone can provide a step by step procedure of completing this task it would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure one of you brilliant programmers may be able to assist me. Many thanks and drinks to whoever can!
Any help with this topic guys?
(01-31-2011, 08:50 PM)sullivan99o Wrote: Any help with this topic guys?

I never really tried the CWCheats feature in JPCSP but it could work. If you have some codes I could test for MH1+2.

For the save to be transferred from/to a PSP, support for encrypting/decrypting would be required. AFAIK Hykem is working on this.

So I think if all goes well in about 1-2 months it COULD be possible to transfer savegames.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Alright excellent. I have the lines of code for the cheats and they do work. Mainly I just need assistance with the save transfer. I'll just have to wait for either encryption support or a new custom firmware for 6.35 on the 3000 model. Well, it can wait. Thank you very much Darth!
Well, I have some good news on this. I took the time to reverse engineer the chnnlsv.prx module and I'm almost done with the savedata encryption/decryption routine (fortunately, it's all heavily based on simple KIRK CMD calls). Big Grin
I'll be publishing my findings on this in a while. Wink
Sounds quite promising Hykem!