This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
EBOOT.BIN Decryption
hope this is helpful... i get this with F1 GrandPrix and the log says calling the crypto engine for prx
i have had issues with these game for decryption... all the rest work

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Maybe i misunderstanding this feature Undecided Does JPCSP "only" decrypt the eboot ? If i try to run KH:BBS i get the message to decrypt bbs1.dat.
(01-31-2011, 10:04 AM)s67 Wrote: Maybe i misunderstanding this feature. Does JPCSP "only" decrypt the eboot ? If i try to run KH:BBS i get the message to decrypt bbs1.dat.

Right now JPCSP only decrypts the eboot.bin (more or less successful). But the data files are PGD files that require a different decrypting. It is a planned feature and should be implemented in the foreseeable future.

In the meantime you have to use your PSP to decrypt the data files.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(01-31-2011, 10:15 AM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(01-31-2011, 10:04 AM)s67 Wrote: Maybe i misunderstanding this feature. Does JPCSP "only" decrypt the eboot ? If i try to run KH:BBS i get the message to decrypt bbs1.dat.

Right now JPCSP only decrypts the eboot.bin (more or less successful). But the data files are PGD files that require a different decrypting. It is a planned feature and should be implemented in the foreseeable future.

In the meantime you have to use your PSP to decrypt the data files.

Oh, I see Blush

Thank you =)
Russian members asked me to make small request - if this possible, could you add enable/disable option for CryptoEngine? Thanks! Wink
Original post quote:
Quote:Причина в том, что не всегда ему удается переварить и лоадер и модули. Если раньше криптованые модули просто игнорились, то теперь, не сумев их съесть, эмулятор просто виснет, в результате ранее рабочие (пусть без видео или звука, но рабочие) игры в пролете. Пока фишка не отлажена, желательно иметь возможность ее вырубить при необходимости.
My poor translation:
The problem is what JPCSP not always can handle game boot and modules. If before encrypted modules just ignored, then now, unable to load them JPCSP just hangs, in result playable games before (even without videos or sound, but working) now broken. While feature is not finished, it's desirable to have possibility to turn off that, if needed.
pcsp has that feature already and an enable/disable option Smile
(01-31-2011, 09:02 PM)shadow Wrote: pcsp has that feature already and an enable/disable option Smile

Hehe. Big Grin
However, that was necessary for PCSP. The same shouldn't apply for JPCSP, as it's boot chain works differently.

(01-31-2011, 08:03 PM)BlackDaemon Wrote: Russian members asked me to make small request - if this possible, could you add enable/disable option for CryptoEngine? Thanks! Wink
Original post quote:
Quote:Причина в том, что не всегда ему удается переварить и лоадер и модули. Если раньше криптованые модули просто игнорились, то теперь, не сумев их съесть, эмулятор просто виснет, в результате ранее рабочие (пусть без видео или звука, но рабочие) игры в пролете. Пока фишка не отлажена, желательно иметь возможность ее вырубить при необходимости.
My poor translation:
The problem is what JPCSP not always can handle game boot and modules. If before encrypted modules just ignored, then now, unable to load them JPCSP just hangs, in result playable games before (even without videos or sound, but working) now broken. While feature is not finished, it's desirable to have possibility to turn off that, if needed.

BlackDaemon, JPCSP is still loading the BOOT.BIN before searching for an encrypted EBOOT.BIN. This way, the CryptoEngine is only called as a last resort. It's virtually impossible to cause any boot issues, because it's just an additional feature, so that's why I didn't add it as an option right from the beginning.
The decryption only occurs if you try loading a game with an invalid BOOT.BIN and an encrypted EBOOT.BIN, or if the BOOT.BIN is already encrypted in first place (like some games do).
Also, this is only working for boot modules (in ISOs), and not for the rest, yet, so, it's a bit odd that some users are running into issues with this... Undecided
Unless, of course, they're attempting to load encrypted games they do not own and those games were previously patched with Prometheus or ripped, for example. That can lead to unexpected behaviour, but, nonetheless, if they just replace the main EBOOT.BIN by their own decrypted version, it will boot just fine without calling the CryptoEngine (the file will be recognized as an ELF file and not as a PSP file, so the whole decryption will be ignored, just like it is stated in Loader.java). Smile
Hykem,

Thanks for explanation, so, request is useless. Wink
Hykem, hmm, looks like i have proof.
(02-03-2011, 07:56 PM)BlackDaemon Wrote: Hykem, hmm, looks like i have proof.

Ah! Sorry, I thought you were referring to something else. Tongue
You're right, that shouldn't be happening. I'll commit a patch to restrict the decryption of PRX files only to boot modules for now. Thanks! Big Grin