This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rocky Balboa - ULUS10233
Tested again with latest rev2334 and this time I COULD PLAY IT!! Well, some trick or two are necessary but finally, it let me to actually fight.

Here are the specs used:

- A powerful computer with 4GB RAM and Windows 7 64bit OS
- Commandline parameter included: -Xss11m (max allowed - values higher than this and the computer runs out of memory)Confused

See a picture of the gameplay attached here along with a new log file.

About the game, it appears to have some lightning small issues (unconfirmed), is quite slow and it crashes randomly during fights. The .log file was generated when the game crashed during gameplay at the point shown in the screenshot attached.

Now this game can be moved to the 'Half-Playable' games forum.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.html   log.html (Size: 20.17 KB / Downloads: 89)
Tested with rev 2367, but it still crashes when fighting, and the fights are reaaaalllly slow. This game is a heavy one...
YEAHH!! Finally, Rocky Balboa is fully playable. Tested with latest rev 2733. It's working just fine, only a small issue at the MGM lion intro video that show some distortion, and some texture lightning needs some adjustments during fights, but everything else is working like a charm. No more memory leak crashes afterall.

I think It's fully playable because I've played it for quite some time and fought different opponents without any crash, but since it's pretty slow, I can't make it to the end, it would take a loooong time Smile

Now I think this topic can be moved to the "Playable Games" forum, since it's not crashing anymore.

Nice work!! Keep improving this superb PSP emulator!
Moved to Playable Smile

Could you post a log file at INFO level and a profiler output to check if the performance can be improved?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(09-24-2012, 06:28 PM)gid15 Wrote: Moved to Playable Smile

Could you post a log file at INFO level and a profiler output to check if the performance can be improved?

I've attached the LOG file here as requested, hope it helps! Though, the profiler.txt has nothing inside, only the log.html has a lot of information. Anyway, if you need more tests, count me in Wink

Attached Files
.zip   LOG_Rocky_Rev_2733.zip (Size: 8.44 KB / Downloads: 85)
(09-25-2012, 12:43 AM)rcoltrane Wrote: I've attached the LOG file here as requested, hope it helps! Though, the profiler.txt has nothing inside, only the log.html has a lot of information. Anyway, if you need more tests, count me in Wink
The profiler has to be enabled in the option settings under the Compiler tab before running the application.
The profiler.txt is then generated when closing Jpcsp.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
My badConfused

Here's the new LOG and PROFILER files I've generated today. These files were created in a different machine and with a different iso from my previous post. Also, I've included the parameter -Xss4m to the command line. This machine has the following specs:

Pentium Dual Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70Ghz 2GB RAM
Windows XP Professional SP3

This time I've played the 1st round to the end and closed the emulator after Rocky being saved by the bell Big Grin

Hope it helps!

Attached Files
.zip   LOG_PROFILER_Rocky_NEW_ok.zip (Size: 164.47 KB / Downloads: 68)