This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rocky Balboa - ULUS10233
Here are the output commandbox results from latest v2304 together with the .log file and a pid log file generated all at the same time, maybe this help with something.

However, I still couldn't get the beggining of the commandbox output, but I'm going to try to capture the screen to see if I'm lucky enough to trap the first lines of information.

Attached Files
.html   log.html (Size: 29.85 KB / Downloads: 102)
.txt   commandbox-error-output.txt (Size: 568 bytes / Downloads: 59)
.txt   hs_err_pid3916.txt (Size: 13.8 KB / Downloads: 58)
I've improved the logging of such errors in r2305: now the error should be also logged to the log file. I hope we get it complete this time :-)

Thanks!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Well, I'm afraid not. I've tested it today with latest r2306 and here are the log files.

Two situations tested: in the 1st log/pid we have the same crash after waiting a few seconds without pressing any button. And in the 2nd log/pid I've pressed "X" when prompted and it crashed right at the beggining of the Ubisofts intro movie. But I could not see any changes to the log files, but maybe you can figure out something.

I'll keep trying to capture the beginning of the commandbox by screen-capturing it with my lightspeed reflexes Cool
I did it!!! I've reduced the font size at the commandbox to the minimum and could capture the very beginning of the crash at the commandbox (see the image attached). It's a StackOverflow indeed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.html   log.html (Size: 31.37 KB / Downloads: 96)
.txt   log_hs_err_pid4992.txt (Size: 13.91 KB / Downloads: 54)
.html   log2.html (Size: 28.47 KB / Downloads: 105)
.txt   log2_hs_err_pid2628.txt (Size: 147.24 KB / Downloads: 54)
Fresh new tests with latest r2308 release. I did the very same 2 tests from my previous message, the 1st log files are from the test where I don't hit any button and the 2nd log is for hitting "X" when prompted to until the Ubisoft's movie begin. Also, I've added a screenshot of the java exception error given from the 2nd test.

Could somebody here start playing "Eye Of The Tiger" please?? Big Grin

.html   log1.html (Size: 31.37 KB / Downloads: 103)
.txt   log1_hs_err_pid3420.txt (Size: 13.8 KB / Downloads: 57)
.html   log2.html (Size: 28.41 KB / Downloads: 97)
.txt   log2_hs_err_pid4264.txt (Size: 147.37 KB / Downloads: 54)
As this is related to a StackOverflowError, have you tried to play with the option
Code:
-Xss10m
"10m" means 10 megabytes stack size. If this option doesn't work, try to play with lower values, e.g. 1m.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
With -Xss higher than 4, it doesn't even start. The best results were achieved between 3m and 4m, where all intro movies are playing fine (some small glitches at the MGM's Lion ROAR, but nothing serious) and I could select an option from the main menu. After that, at the character selection screen, it crashed while I was selecting. BUT NOW WE HAVE SERIOUS IMPROVEMENTS WITH THIS GAME FINALLY!! UHUHH!!

I told you to play "Eye Of The Tiger"!! It never fails... Big Grin

Here is one screenshot and the new .log file attached from the selection screen where it crashes. Congratulations!

.html   log.html (Size: 31.22 KB / Downloads: 96)
Tested with latest r2310:

I can reach the selection screens and pick a fighter, but it crashes when loading the fight. See the .log file attached. The crash is similar to the previous Stack Oferflow but now it happens even setting the -Xss4m at the command line.

Attached Files
.html   log.html (Size: 31.84 KB / Downloads: 99)
Tested with latest r2315 today. Crashes when loading a fight after the character selection screen. See the .log attached here for details.

Obs: using -Xss4m as an additional parameter to avoid a Stack Overflow.

.html   log.html (Size: 31.22 KB / Downloads: 78)
Tested today with latest r2319. The result is the same from my previous post, but I've attached the new .log file anyway.

Do you know why I cannot use the -Xss parameter with a higher value than 4m with my current machine? Is it supposed to work with 5m or higher values without 'locking' the emulator?

Attached Files
.html   log.html (Size: 31.22 KB / Downloads: 91)
.txt   hs_err_pid864.txt (Size: 13.91 KB / Downloads: 54)
Tested today with latest r2324, but the stack problem still crashes the game, even with -Xss4m. It works fine until the menu screens, then crashes.

Log file attached.

Attached Files
.html   log.html (Size: 10.64 KB / Downloads: 90)