This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to create useful LOG file??
I want to submit my LOG files from my games to the dev team but I don't know the correct way to record an useful LOG file. How can I do that with the latest SVN (1959) JPCSP build?
(01-19-2011, 11:24 AM)rcoltrane Wrote: I want to submit my LOG files from my games to the dev team but I don't know the correct way to record an useful LOG file. How can I do that with the latest SVN (1959) JPCSP build?

When you open up jpcsp go to the tab that says debug, then tools then logger then click on show logger. When you click show logger a box will appear underneath jpcsp called logger. At the bottom where it says choose logger level the logger should be set to off. To change that click on the drop down arrow and select either All, Trace, Debug, Info, Warn, Error, Fatal, or Off or use the up and down keys or the mouse wheel. ( wasn't aware of the drop down arrow untill recently since it doesn't work for vista for some reason).

After setting the logger to the desired level ( you'll be mostly using either INFO or DEBUG ) you can load your iso/cso and the logger will record jpcsp's processes in a file called log.html which is located in the jpcsp directory folder. When your done "loggin it" you can close down jpcsp and attach the log.html file to your post on the forum as an attachment ( you might need to compress the file if it's too big to attach) and your done. If you need to make a new log just delete the log.html and jpcsp will make a new one when you use the logger again.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

the logger level can't be drop down/changed(it still off).
don't reply, i found it. basically use mouse wheel to change log level.
Mobo:Gigabyte (GA-78LMT-USB3) CPU:AMD FX-6300 RAM:G-Skill 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 PC12800 VGA:Sapphire R7 265 2GB OS:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Heres my log

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 71.74 KB / Downloads: 156)
(03-25-2011, 09:27 AM)Man93 Wrote: Heres my log

Great. You managed the basics. Now you have to find the right game for your log (Kingdoms Hearts in your case) and post it there. And maybe you also want to write what your problem is. Here no one will read the log.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit