This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JPCSP freezes when trying to load any game.
psp 
Hey. I'm pretty new to the PSP emulator scene. I created an ISO of my Crisis Core and downloaded the latest version of JPCSP(v0.6 1954). Jpcsp opened fine, and when I used the UMD browser to locate the game, it showed the title screen of the game, and the little intro video played fine on the title screen... but when I clicked load, the program froze.

I thought it might be my ISO, so I tried to load the sample game that came with the emulator(Cube) and the same thing happened. It just freezes up when I click load or press enter. No errors anywhere, and no response from the program. I also tried loading from memory stick, selected Pspong0.1 and the same thing happened.

Is this a normal problem that I might be able to easily fix?

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit with a Pentium dual CPU T3200 @ 2ghz and 3gb of ram.
My video card is a GMA 4500. Integrated graphics on a fairly cheap laptop.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks.
After further troubleshooting I deduced that it was tripping over my windows audio mapper. I rebooted my system and unplugged my USB audio interface and it works fine now.

It also runs fairly fast when set to GE graphics even with my crappy video card. The one problem I'm having now is that there is no audio. I've read that FFmpeg hasn't developed a decoder for Atrac3Plus audio yet. Is this true? It seems like someone would have figured it out by now...

Thanks again!
(01-18-2011, 06:58 PM)Seven_Rings Wrote: After further troubleshooting I deduced that it was tripping over my windows audio mapper. I rebooted my system and unplugged my USB audio interface and it works fine now.

It also runs fairly fast when set to GE graphics even with my crappy video card. The one problem I'm having now is that there is no audio. I've read that FFmpeg hasn't developed a decoder for Atrac3Plus audio yet. Is this true? It seems like someone would have figured it out by now...

Thanks again!

Install SonicStage 4.3 (see hyakki's thread for the URL or google for it) and then activate the "Decode with SonicStage" option
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
With me happens the same thing, except that's with x64 version.
I tried follow this guide:
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3234

But didn't found the file or whatever it is to modify.

Can someone help me?

edit:
build 1961 fixed it
(01-18-2011, 07:16 PM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(01-18-2011, 06:58 PM)Seven_Rings Wrote: After further troubleshooting I deduced that it was tripping over my windows audio mapper. I rebooted my system and unplugged my USB audio interface and it works fine now.

Thanks again!

Install SonicStage 4.3 (see hyakki's thread for the URL or google for it) and then activate the "Decode with SonicStage" option
Thanks! I installed SonicStage and the audio is working. Sadly it's just made me realize that unless I get a better computer, I can't play with all the lag. But it does work!

I really appreciate your help. Thanks again. Wink