This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no new builds for Days now..
psp 
what happened to the PSP emulation? no new build has been out for quite sometime....
(01-14-2011, 02:50 PM)Emulatong Wrote: what happened to the PSP emulation? no new build has been out for quite sometime....

CALM DOWN!!! Just be patient, you can't expect new builds to come in everyday.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

To the authors of hard says he understands why
Google translation, forgive me
i read somewhere on this forum, the devs are in "vacation mode", just be patient, do jpcsp is not an easy task
Actually, it was because of all that KIRK stuff going around. As you all can see, a lot have been figured out in the last days.
Since it's already enough to implement a crypto engine in JPCSP, that's what I'm working on right now. Wink
(01-16-2011, 04:31 PM)Hykem Wrote: Actually, it was because of all that KIRK stuff going around. As you all can see, a lot have been figured out in the last days.
Since it's already enough to implement a crypto engine in JPCSP, that's what I'm working on right now. Wink

what's the function of crypto engine?Huh
to decrypt what ? will it improve video/audio/fonts/etc performance ?
i'm guessing it'll decrypt all the encrypted modules, files and stuff like eboot.bin, so there probably won't be any need for replacement drivers that still lack functions or have them set up incorrectly.

or, alternatively after they're decrypted the emu authors can learn more about them and implement everything they're missing in their own versions.
(01-17-2011, 01:33 PM)serio Wrote: i'm guessing it'll decrypt all the encrypted modules, files and stuff like eboot.bin, so there probably won't be any need for replacement drivers that still lack functions or have them set up incorrectly.

or, alternatively after they're decrypted the emu authors can learn more about them and implement everything they're missing in their own versions.

Precisely.

As a more immediate feature, it will allow JPCSP to load encrypted EBOOT.BIN files. Beware that not all files may be decryptable as this is strongly linked to the FW versions.
Another features being worked on for commit are savedata decryption and .PGD decryption (seen in Kingdom Hearts).
Hykem,

H-m-m, encrypted game modules also will be supported? Smile
(01-17-2011, 03:38 PM)BlackDaemon Wrote: Hykem,

H-m-m, encrypted game modules also will be supported? Smile

Probably, since the encryption scheme is the same for EBOOT's and PRX's (they're all ~PSP tagged files).