This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
PRINNY Can i Really Be the Hero? - ULUS10407
10-10-2012, 07:49 AM
RE: PRINNY Can i Really Be the Hero? - ULUS10407
(10-10-2012 04:00 AM)montcer9012 Wrote:  
(07-14-2012 03:51 PM)hlide Wrote:  actually, pcsp is now abandoned for another one we are writing : pspe4all, pspe in short.
Aaanddd, this emulator have a forum on another web site? If so, are games discussion there?

Not yet . While pspe4all is quite advance in some parts (accurate timing , accurate threadman , accurate 1-1 audio ) it still misses the most important thing , GE.

While there are major steps on GE done (like all the vertex decoding is done in shaders ) still is not working properly.

When GE will have some major improvement then we will probably open a forum here just like we did with the other emulators Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2012, 06:39 PM
(10-10-2012 07:49 AM)shadow Wrote:  Not yet . While pspe4all is quite advance in some parts (accurate timing , accurate threadman , accurate 1-1 audio ) it still misses the most important thing , GE.

While there are major steps on GE done (like all the vertex decoding is done in shaders ) still is not working properly.
Sorry for keeping this off-topic, but beta tester aren't necessary to improve this?

[Image: montcer.png]
10-11-2012, 08:32 AM
We have beta-testers Wink
10-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Well the good luck with that emu.It will sure take time to arrive where jpcsp is

Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
10-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Last question Shadow; PCSP4All are not using OpenGL? If so, it will be more compatible with AMD graphic cards? gid15 is making important improvements for AMD cards but the performance still under Nvidia where OpenGL is a well ended driver.

10-12-2012, 06:07 AM
pspe4all is GLSL , opengl shader language . Opengl is not capable to emulate PSP's GE accurate since there are differences so shading language allow us to make a more accurate render (even jpcsp has a few parts on GLSL).
We are testing both on nvidia and ATI cards so we hope we will support them both well (although ATI cards has crappier GLSL support than nvidia)
10-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Well, i'll be waiting for test it!

10-14-2012, 01:10 PM
(10-11-2012 10:58 PM)montcer9012 Wrote:  Last question Shadow; PCSP4All are not using OpenGL? If so, it will be more compatible with AMD graphic cards? gid15 is making important improvements for AMD cards but the performance still under Nvidia where OpenGL is a well ended driver.

You probably know JPCSP has now two renderers - one is OpenGL (very approximative but faster) and the other is CPU-software (more accurate but very slow). What we're trying to reach as a goal is to create a "GPU-software" renderer. It means we are using GPUs (NVIDIA or RADEON) instead of CPUs (Intel or AMD) to render GE through OpenGL shaders. It's not an easy task as the accurateness and the fastness mostly depend on features you need for OpenGL. Those features tend to be available only for OpenGL 4.x and they are quite experimental as they are not really well documented. And it's true RADEON tend not to help us very much :/.
10-14-2012, 03:52 PM
That sounds like it will be faster, but less compatible like for example, Intel HD Graphics.

In case is needed, AMD engineers drivers people are on some forum so i guess they will answer related info about how work latest drivers.