This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
is the PSP leaked keys going to Help emulation?
psp 
we all know that now the PSP keys as been finally leaked.
now the PSP going to be basically Open Wide...
is this going to help JPCSP/PCSP team emulation?

thx
(01-03-2011, 12:22 PM)Emulatong Wrote: we all know that now the PSP keys as been finally leaked.
now the PSP going to be basically Open Wide...
is this going to help JPCSP/PCSP team emulation?

thx

I really hope not. You can play all the encrypted games now if you have a PSP. But right now it seems like there are more and more downloaders in this forum. They do not own a PSP nor the game but wanna play. If there is a PC based solution the situation's surely going downhill.

I'm a bit more positive about running homebrew on the PSP (Go) with FW 6.xx because it's more and more complicated to get a good old PSP with an old firmware.

So I think this will not help the devs at all but more the leeching pirates ...
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
It could be possible to do that, now, someone needs the motivation to add this to Jpcsp... And I'm not volunteering to commit this, even though it would be fun to make it work Smile
Well, when/if the keys get exposed, it's the end of KIRK. That means we can decrypt manually everything and reverse engineer any single piece of data from the PSP. Of course, this can help us analyzing and finding everything we want from it, but this could also be done before, to some extent, with a PSP, just like Darth stated.

What this will introduce is the ability to emulate the PSP's crypto functions, which can lead to loading encrypted EBOOT.BIN boot modules directly or even emulating modules on a LLE level.

I already have a bunch of patches I've worked on a long time ago for some of these purposes, and if the keys do get public, I don't see any problem on finally emulating this properly.

However, piracy is obviously a concern, but after this is exposed it will become quite simple for anyone to build a simple external application that mimics KIRK (and all you would have to do would be drag-and-drop encrypted files and get decrypted ones). Undecided
just wondering
why did the pspemu.self contain kirk-keys etc. when its not supposed to be a full psp emu at all? :-)
sony seemed to fail again....and mibi its a full emu ;>

anyways since the decryption keys are known now....its super easy to decrypt pspemu.self and its librarys...
"yu guise" already got it or still a need? Wink
They didn't contain the keys really, they just managed to reconstruct it due to a failure in the encryption keys.
i see hykem is interested to do so ... well as long as there wont be any Sony issues, i think like the media decoding, even decrypting should be included in the emu (just a suggestion)
Edit: How different/same are the psp and ps3 keys? how come psp keys were found with the ps3 keys (though the psp keys havent been released but the ps3 keys have been released)
@shakirmole, PSP keys was hidden inside isolated spu of ps3.Looks like sony love to keep all eggs in one baskets.

however,look at this http://code.google.com/p/kirk-engine/source/checkout
someone have already created a google code for that.

I think this krik exposer could help emulation in 2 ways.

___one:you do not have to hack your psp to just decrypt eboots(who can run prxdecryptor in ofw??!!)
Drag n drop solution like "Hykem" stated.

___second:it could speed up jpcsp.

And piracy,yes it is always a problem.But this should not be our part to play.Its sony's machine and let them to do their job.We can just assure world that "we are not supporting piracy" sothat sony cannot sue us.

Because,now krik exposed,someone will create somekinda handy windows application that will convert iso-cso into decrypted without having psp-machine itself.So why not integrate it to jpcsp.We are not using sony's code.We are just calculating keys through failure.
problem is now bro, sony iss suing geohot and similar for hacking the system... if they find out about jpcsp, they will start to haunt orphis, hykem, gi and the rest
i think the piracy is looking to exist before the kirk decryption is made available on the pc
how would it speed up emulation?
PS - i dont think your username suits u
hmm,good point ,shakirmole.
Sony is likely to be most cruel corp. after M$.They know that they will hardly win(already pawned in spanish court,if i am not mistaken).Yet they are doing legal crap to hamper or slow down homebrew development.

Ya,I have thought of your point.Ya,Jpcsp is just passing it's early level of improvement.So it will not be wise to stay with risk(especially $ony kind of things).May be those feature can be added after 2 years when psp2 will dominate market.

about speed up,oh my mistake(hey,is this a "mistake day"?!Big Grin).Encryption will cause more cpu speed.So ya,even if those feature added,they can be added in a manner that,"first jpcsp will decrypt whole data first,then execute".I can't pressure my c2d 2.67GHz to handle a more unit "krik" when >70% cpu and >700MB ram usage in java.exe Big Grin.
But in another way,this new discovery can help us.A passive way.Since emulation efficiency of a system is directly proportional to the knowledge of corresponding system,krik can help us knowing further of deep inside psp.Once knowing unknown parts,we can code things more efficiently,ain't we?

He he he,about my username Big Grin.It was a sweet story.