This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
improvements to jpcsp on linux
Hi folks at jpcsp, i have 2 suggestions
first suport for joystick using the joystick java lib, this is already done by me
Second support for mediaengine as xuggler is available on linux and ffmpeg too were it possible to give me some hints how to do that,
i am a programmer 46 jears old with degree at the ETH Zuerich in swiitzerlandCool
Well, joysticks *should* work with the Lwjgl joystick package. If it's not working, you should tweak it until it works Wink

As for Xuggler, it should work on Linux, though you might have to recompile it. But the best solution would be to remove it and make our own binding for ffmpeg which would be a thin JNI interface easy to maintain and portable. It would also help Jpcsp to work on Windows 64bit and thus it would be very nice !
(01-03-2011, 06:47 PM)Orphis Wrote: Well, joysticks *should* work with the Lwjgl joystick package. If it's not working, you should tweak it until it works Wink

As for Xuggler, it should work on Linux, though you might have to recompile it. But the best solution would be to remove it and make our own binding for ffmpeg which would be a thin JNI interface easy to maintain and portable. It would also help Jpcsp to work on Windows 64bit and thus it would be very nice !

Thanks very much, i am a little bit confused, i already have ffmpeg installed on linux and i downloaded xuggler.sh from xuggler home site i think these are the binaries, so you said i should download the sources and recomplie using netbeans? or just install the 32 bits binaries.
If i enable the media engine in the GUIit should work out of the box?
i already have recompiled jpcsp so for me recompiling jpcsp is not a probilem.
i have seen that you included the xuggler sources in the media engine sources,
is this also done for linux?
by the way you are doing a good job with this emulatorConfused
(01-03-2011, 08:21 PM)giovannino Wrote:
(01-03-2011, 06:47 PM)Orphis Wrote: Well, joysticks *should* work with the Lwjgl joystick package. If it's not working, you should tweak it until it works Wink

Thanks very much, i am a little bit confused, i already have ffmpeg installed on linux and i downloaded xuggler.sh from xuggler home site i think these are the binaries, so you said i should download the sources and recomplie using netbeans? or just install the 32 bits binaries.

I finally got the media engine to work on linux but with the game 7 Wonders (decrypted) i get following error
java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot find executable
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.jumpCall(RuntimeContext.java:110)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.jump(RuntimeContext.java:151)
at _S1_2_8855010.s(_S1_2_8855010.java:84)
at _S1_2_8813D30.s(_S1_2_8813D30.java:308)
at _S1_2_8813D30.exec(_S1_2_8813D30.java)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.runThread(RuntimeContext.java:693)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeThread.run(RuntimeThread.java:47)
can someone help?
(01-05-2011, 07:47 AM)giovannino Wrote:

I finally got the media engine to work on linux but with the game 7 Wonders (decrypted) i get following error
can someone help?

Runtime errors are still quite common using the emulator. It seems the game is not supported yet. Activate the logger (Debug, Tools, Logger, Show logger) and then set the log level to "INFO" and post the log for that game here in the forum.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(01-05-2011, 11:04 AM)Darth1701 Wrote:

can someone help?

Runtime errors are still quite common using the emulator. It seems the game is not supported yet. Activate the logger (Debug, Tools, Logger, Show logger) and then set the log level to "INFO" and post the log for that game here in the forum.

I noticed that when you try to resize the windows 3d graphics and videos using media engine get cropped any ideas on how to fix this?
(01-18-2011, 05:35 PM)giovannino Wrote:

can someone help?

I noticed that when you try to resize the windows 3d graphics and videos using media engine get cropped any ideas on how to fix this?

I also wantend to use the secode external uadio using sonicstage option using wine i already modified decodeaudio.bat into decodeaudio.sh i also installed sonicstage into virtualbox and copied the sonicstage dir to wine installation, anyone wanting to help?
(01-19-2011, 02:14 PM)giovannino Wrote:

can someone help?

I also wantend to use the secode external uadio using sonicstage option using wine i already modified decodeaudio.bat into decodeaudio.sh i also installed sonicstage into virtualbox and copied the sonicstage dir to wine installation, anyone wanting to help?

I have no experience with Linux but it is not about SonicStage but more about the audio codec it installs. I'm not so sure if it is even possible to use the windows audio codecs in Linux. The codec in question should be the OpenMG codec
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(01-19-2011, 02:23 PM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(01-19-2011, 02:14 PM)giovannino Wrote:

can someone help?

I have no experience with Linux but it is not about SonicStage but more about the audio codec it installs. I'm not so sure if it is even possible to use the windows audio codecs in Linux. The codec in question should be the OpenMG codec

Finally i got media engine with external decoding i installed sonicstage on a patched version of wine and ran hdmirendrerwin with the robot awt class for simulating mouse events
Surprisingly the commonad line of hdmirender gives error so i had to revert to the win version

Result : i have a jpcsp with joystick support working and media engine working and decode external audio working thanks for the help you are doing a great job
(01-20-2011, 08:53 AM)giovannino Wrote: Result : i have a jpcsp with joystick support working and media engine working and decode external audio working thanks for the help you are doing a great job

very cool care to give a tutorial on how to get all that to work.