This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jpcsp x64 observations and questions
hello, first of all contratulations for the great work with the emu

well today im testing jpcsp 1942, both x86 and x64 versions, with the x64 version i obtain almost full speed (sometime a bit slow, sometimes a bit faster than psp) , and the x86 version is much slower compared to x64 (between 20% and 50% slower, depend of the game and the scenario)

my experience in x64 jpcsp 1942

3rd birthday:in x64 runs great, only with many characters in the screen i have a slowdown of the emu.

castlevania chronicles: in x86 runs at full speed, however in some scenarios the speed really decrease, in the x64 version the decreases in speed dont occur.

crisis core: runs almost perfect in x64 version, in the x86 version is much slower. no more to say about this Tongue

and my questions Smile :

the music and the videos dont work in x64 version, there is a possibility that can work in the video and the music for the x64 version? we would have an emulator incredibly functional in terms of speed, compatibility and playability, there would remain only the video and atrac audio (perhaps at3 files too?)

with the x64 version, when i will try to load/save a memcard of a game, for example in dissidia when i select new game, type my name, select the another options and accept it, then a new window is displayed and i need to select an slot save, i select and press ok, then nothing..., the game freezes and i need to reset the emu (that occur with every single game tried on this x64 jpcsp), is there any way to solve this?

thats, my questions, again... congratulations for that awesome work, this version of the emu made me very happy

I wish you all a happy new year, carefully

Darkcloud Smile

PD: sorry for my bad english.

EDIT:------------------------------------
i forgot to say, to zoom the window of the x64 emu i use the windows 7 magnifying glass, i obtain the almost full fps with this aplicacion opened (250 zoom i use, even with no zoom the fps increase) with 3rd birthday that increase of fps really helps, but... why??? why windows 7 magnifying glass affecs the fps of the jpcsp??? (i only prove the 3 games wrote before)thats absurd..not have any sense, i think.... im confused :S please answer me this question Tongue
I've found a fix for the save/load freeze problem in 64-bit jpcsp. Hopefully the dev team will implement it in the latest svn soon. Details here: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3234
the media engine will not work in the x64 versions, unless you can get xuggler & ffmpeg to compile for windows x64 (there is no pre-compiled solution for windows), some have claimed to do it by cross compiling but said only encode works not playback (what jpcsp needs), if anyone wants to try to build it go for it, then only would there be a chance for media playback in the 64bit version.
http://code.google.com/p/xuggle/issues/detail?id=240
i might give those patches a try when i get a chance. (don't feel like installing mingw)

I don't think sonicstage decoding would be a problem since himd is an external program, and basic audio was fixed with the openal change, its pretty much xuggler that's holding it up.

as for the speed up, is it really a speed up or just the lack of features and checks the 32bit one needs to do?

one good thing about the 64bit version though is it almost never gets out of memory errors.
Like hyakki stated, the sole reason behind the lack of video/audio support for x64 systems is because of the flawed FFMPEG builds. It may be possible to do it, but it requires to build Xuggler and the FFMPEG natives all by hand (this is all explained on their respective websites), which still may present unexpected issues. Undecided

As for the save/load issue, I've answered to Itaru on the other thread. It's confirmed to be working and it shall be fixed for the next commit. Smile
great find darkcloudl. I don't remember it being faster in the past. what happened?.
wow here is to hoping the libraries for the video/audio get sorted out for the x64.

and thanks for the save/load fix Itaru tested it and works.
thanks to everybody for the answers, now i understand more about the dificulties of implement some functions, about the 32 bits version, i tried with another pc and i obtaion the same fps (a c2d e8400 oc), but if i use the magnifier with the 32 bits version, the fps increases too =D (around 20%). i attach 2 images, prueba1 is the screenshot without the magnifier on, prueba2 is the screenshot with the magnifier on. maybe this helps to know about speed increasing of the jpcsp in a future.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's odd...
Did you notice any frame skipping while playing the game with the magnifier on?
(01-02-2011, 05:44 PM)Hykem Wrote: That's odd...
Did you notice any frame skipping while playing the game with the magnifier on?

not, i didn't notice any frame skip, and not notice a kind of "placebo" effect in the increase o the fps like a example the VU Cycle stealing in PCSX2 emu(the fps count its not acording with the speed in pcsx2 with this option in 2 or above), the increase is real, im sure of it Wink
I think it just makes the os update the window more often or gives better priority (since it has to update the screen to magnifie it), same effect happens when you click drag the window (hold left click on the title bar and move the window around with the mouse), but the effect stops when you stop dragging it around
Hey thanks all, I have finished playing Crisis core Final Fantasy 7 on JPCSP windows XP SP3 profesional 32bit.
when I try using windows 7 ultimate 64bit (I am using Dual OS). the FMV is lagy, I already using All program that needed like on Windows XP SP3 32bit. anyone know what a problem?
are there special sonicstage to 64bit OS Huh
AMD Athlon II X3 3,1 GB - Geforce 8500GT 256 MB - DDR2 1x2GB - XP SP3 32bit - Wink