This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The 3rd Birthday - JAP - ULJM05798
BTW OP, I just noticed that whenever I "Overdive" onto enemies (pressing Triangle on enemies when some kinds of Quick Time Event promps me) using the last 4 revisions and 32/64 bits IIRC, the game turns all grey (black and white) and slows down the game to a crawl (2 to 3 times slower than usual). I have to exit the game and restart.

(*Overdiving into ally soldiers are A-Okay and 100% fine thankyou*)

Thanks so much for rev 1933! So awesome! Much faster than 1922!!!
(12-27-2010, 10:45 PM)Kai3213 Wrote:
(12-27-2010, 10:39 PM)nneyzer Wrote: Anyone knows if it's possible to play 3rd birthday with full screen?
quiero jugarlo en pantalla completa.

ayuda

You can resize the screen to fit you monitor but there's no upscaling so it wont look too good.

I tried it but the image becomes "off". I can't see the HUD nor is the camera "centered". It also creates a "silhouette" overlay.. Sad
ok, so I got bgm working by decoding the .at3 files manually, the problem is bgm stops after a short time, strange :\ .
The game runs very well though, some parts faster than on my PSP :p .
(12-28-2010, 01:08 AM)tubers Wrote:
(12-27-2010, 10:39 PM)nneyzer Wrote: Anyone knows if it's possible to play 3rd birthday with full screen?

ayuda

You can resize the screen to fit you monitor but there's no upscaling so it wont look too good.

I tried it but the image becomes "off". I can't see the HUD nor is the camera "centered". It also creates a "silhouette" overlay.. Sad

You mean this one? The HUD is resized the way it should be at full screen but the display does not "center" correctly, causing this silhouette image to appear.
[Image: th_3rdbirthscreen.jpg]

I have this problem with r1923, posted this on the first page of this thread, but so far no one has given me a solution yet. I tried mix and match the video configurations but no way to correct it.
dos 
(12-28-2010, 02:50 AM)railmacher Wrote:

ayuda

You mean this one? The HUD is resized the way it should be at full screen but the display does not "center" correctly, causing this silhouette image to appear.

I have this problem with r1923, posted this on the first page of this thread, but so far no one has given me a solution yet. I tried mix and match the video configurations but no way to correct it.

an not put the game in full screen, it looks bad, is not centered. someone has a solution to play well in full screen.
no se puede poner el juego en pantalla completa, se ve mal, no se centra. alguien tiene una solucion para jugar bien en pantalla completa.
puedo jugar el juego normal The 3rd Birthday , pero no me cargan los videos en el juego, que hago uso el jpcsp-1932 cual es su configuracion ?, por que no me corren los videos del juego ?
(12-28-2010, 01:17 AM)Mlan Wrote: ok, so I got bgm working by decoding the .at3 files manually, the problem is bgm stops after a short time, strange :\ .
The game runs very well though, some parts faster than on my PSP :p .

What revision are you using and are you able to overdive into the enemy w/o any problems (not into ally soldiers)?

Is it possible to allocate more hardware resources to the psp emulator so it can run faster? Big Grin
(12-28-2010, 02:50 AM)railmacher Wrote:

ayuda

Oh.. I see.. Sorry that I can't do anything since I am new here. Goodluck to both of us. I am very satisfied to be able to save and play the game already. But if it's possible to fix the "Overdive into an enemy" issue, I would be so much be gladder.

Is there any way to record JPCSP so I can further explain the problem? Smile

BTW, I've been getting these messages from the "DOS" window (might it be the Overdive problem?):

Java HotSpot <TM> Client VM warning: CodeCache is full. Compiler has been disabled.
Java HotSpot <TM> Client VM warning: Try increasing the code cache size using -XX:ReserveCocdeCacheSize=

Is there anyway I can alleviate this? Please? Sad
this game will get more attention when the us/eur versions come out. (Q1 2011)
on the other questions
1. yes its normal for the BGM not to loop.
2. resizing jpcsp is a bad idea it will more then likely messup the graphics, if you want the screen big the most you can do is either change your monitor resolution to 640x480 ,or use magnifier (windows 7) and set it to Full Screen mode to zoom in (but it really sucks when using dual monitors)
(12-28-2010, 10:21 AM)hyakki Wrote: this game will get more attention when the us/eur versions come out. (Q1 2011)
on the other questions
1. yes its normal for the BGM not to loop.
2. resizing jpcsp is a bad idea it will more then likely messup the graphics, if you want the screen big the most you can do is either change your monitor resolution to 640x480 ,or use magnifier (windows 7) and set it to Full Screen mode to zoom in (but it really sucks when using dual monitors)

I see. Wow, Sad to say I am in a dual monitor set up xD Might it be the one causing the problem? xD

Also, hyakki, may I know if there's anything I can do to alleviate this issue?:

Java HotSpot <TM> Client VM warning: CodeCache is full. Compiler has been disabled.
Java HotSpot <TM> Client VM warning: Try increasing the code cache size using -XX:ReserveCocdeCacheSize=

It seems to pop up when I Overdive and then the FPS drops to 5-6 Sad
no idea, try doing what it says edit the bat file and add in -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=128M...
use the 32bit version of jpcsp/jre for all the features to work. 64bit is highly untested.
(12-28-2010, 10:54 AM)hyakki Wrote: no idea, try doing what it says edit the bat file and add in -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=128M...
use the 32bit version of jpcsp/jre for all the features to work. 64bit is highly untested.

*salute*! Thanks! I've been using your r1933 32bit working pretty well..

I'll try to see if I can learn how to edit a bat file xD BRB and ty!

I hope they don't delay the US release and add in the T3B manga xD
(12-23-2010, 10:32 AM)hyakki Wrote: Some of the in-game voice plays fast. (high pitched)
Any improvement in r1940?
Playing mono audio as stereo audio was probably giving this "high pitch" effect.