This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it possible to remove the whole prometheus loader and be able to play a umd or iso
It's probably in the ToC or whatever and no one reads that xD
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
It could be possible to make a banner that says:We don't support piracy,if you don't have a psp then we wont help you.Something like that
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(08-28-2011, 03:59 PM)virgil94 Wrote: It could be possible to make a banner that says:We don't support piracy,if you don't have a psp then we wont help you.Something like that

Even JPCSP itself already displays a message concerning this when attempting to load a Prometheus patched module, but people still ignore it... Undecided
ah yes,I forgot about that.It seems like we can only do one thing:ignore those threads
or ban the people that start them, as well as those who help them with their pirating. that's what all the other emulation forums do.
I got the same issue as him. Here my story. I got both the game I want to play (Dissidia Duodecim) and a PsP. The big issue is my psp broke (ok, I broke it) friday. I was on my way to the finals dungeons when it happen. Even if this game make me want to punch someone, I do want to complete it.

So if I understand the rude answer in this thread, you should be able to run the emulator / roms only if you have the original version. How do it wroke, some kind of decryption using the psp. Transfer of the game from the psp to the pc?

BTW: Since my screen is broke, I tried my psp to tv cable, the OS is running but he can't load the game.

Oh, and I can give you screenshot if you really care that much.

Also, if you don't want to be rude, the good answer is not "Zomg, go buy a psp you dumb" but "if you had a real version of the game/console, you could do X and it will work. Oh you don't have one, sorry for you"
What does having Prometheus have any more do with piracy then having an iso of a game. If you have a hacked psp you need prometheus and can path the games yourself if the games require firmware newer then yours. I have been testing Jpcsp lately because I wanted to play some of my games on my PC rather then my PSP. Today was the first time I tried to play one of my patched games and it came up with a message accusing me of piracy. I was so pissed off since I own all of my games and patched them myself (which is pretty easy) so I came here to see what that BS was about and found a bunch of idiots flaming people.

PS. Either remove that message or start showing that message to anyone trying to play an iso because otherwise you look like idiots that have no idea what is required to play games on the psp.
Quote:I own all of my games and patched them myself (which is pretty easy)
is it that hard to revert it then, or even re-dump the game? stop whining.

Quote:If you have a hacked psp you need prometheus and can path the games yourself if the games require firmware newer then yours.
or you could, you know, update your firmware and buy the original game instead of trying to play it off an iso.

Quote:no idea what is required to play games on the psp.
well, you need your game umd disk to play it. not prometheus, that's only needed if you try to play games exclusively off of isos.

the message will stay. just because some angry newbie bursts in while throwing insults around isn't going to change anything. most people who complain about prometheus are pirates who just download the game, then complain they can't run it because it's patched and they're computer illiterate, so they want everything to be spoonfed to them like babies.

tl;dr
u mad?
agreed with serio :
If you claim you patched the games yourself you can:
1. Redump the game from original UMD;
2. You can remove the patch you applied.

Then if you have a PSP and original umd's why would you not update to the latest firmware, the process is fast and i can assure you none of your older games will stop functioning or anything like that.

MOTD: Obvious pirate is obvious.
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15
I have the 6.60 firmware and older games run fine