This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shinseiki Evangelion 2 - Tsukurareshi Sekai Another Cases - ULJS00061
Hello everyone, decided to restart this thread using the name of the game as shown in the compatibility list. Anyway, down to business

JPCSP r2461
the game shows signs of working at first, however it locks up with a permgen error at the Alfa System screen, if this is skipped by pressing enter repeatedly then it loads a little bit further and crashes as the main menu starts to load and the music plays with the same error. A bit of tinkering with the launcher allows you to get past this point but it crashes after episode selection with a large amount of errors so big that I am unable to see the source of them (the newer errors overwrite the first several errors), here are some screenshots, number 1 is of the first "death screen", 2 shows the second screen and 3 shows what you can get to if you bypass the previous 2 using the technique mentioned below and where you get before the third crash I can not show you the 3rd death screen as it is just black (set max permgen to 4096 MB JUST TO GET THERE)

What I noticed is that it slows down considerably when changing from Bandai to the Alfa System logo so perhapse the emulator/compiler is making a mistake there filling up the permgen space? Appreciate any feedback, I also noticed that the compiler was doing A LOT of codeblock replacing according to the attached log.
BTW the docx log shows the first two screen's output and the rar file contains the third attempt (after tweaking)

EDIT: for those who do not know about this title, go to http://wiki.evageeks.org/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_2 and look at the PSP section

EDIT 2: I think that I know what is causing these errors, the permgen errors seem to be caused by a large amount of data being created by the compiler which is SOMEHOW allowing music to be played without the use of soundforge or sonicstage and the stack overflow error that occurs if you get past the episode screen could be caused by a rather large cutscene being played (similar to KH:BBS which also suffered from a stack overflow error), will try the game without using the compiler and will post results.

EDIT 3: ok, it seems that having a large amount of RAM helps with getting this title running. If you set the maxpermgen to 4096 and the Xss to something high like 8032KB then it will let you get a lot further in the game, it is jumpy but at least it is playable, I ended up getting up to and beating the first battle in scenario 1. I have a feeling that because the music and sounds are already decrypted/extracted/whatever it is, the compiler seems to make a lot of mistakes and clogs the permgen space, the stack overflow appears to be caused by a similar issue to birth by sleep during the first cutscene, my internal settings are all defaults and any changes made were done in the launcher. If anyone else can confirm this that would be good.

ModEdit:
corrected title.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.docx   neon genesis evangelion log 1.docx (Size: 10.46 KB / Downloads: 80)
.rar   NGE log.rar (Size: 51.27 KB / Downloads: 91)
using r 2830
freezes up the emulator after the 3rd developers screen
here is an info and debug log

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   log debug.zip (Size: 695.04 KB / Downloads: 88)
.zip   log.zip (Size: 4.7 KB / Downloads: 88)
Code:
22:15:35  INFO compiler - user_main - Compiler: invalidating all compiled classes
22:15:36  INFO hle.UtilsForUser - user_main - sceKernelIcacheInvalidateAll
22:15:36  INFO compiler - user_main - Compiler: invalidating all compiled classes
22:15:36  INFO compiler - user_main - Compiler: invalidating all compiled classes
This game is calling very often sceKernelIcacheInvalidateAll. The performance should be improved in r3035 and also the permgen error should be fixed.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
using r 3050
goes ingame now
can be moved to playable
just missing the voices
here is an info log

Attached Files
.zip   log.zip (Size: 114.67 KB / Downloads: 87)