This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Killzone: Liberation - USA - UCUS98646
Java and AMD are making JPCSP unplayable for me. I return to Java 6 since Java 7 + Catalyst 12.8 still giving me the error "Video Driver Stop Working" on Metal Gear and Ghost Recon and now, on every rev that i try Killzone gave me the error of old post:
(07-10-2012, 04:18 AM)montcer9012 Wrote: game always crash saying something about ERROR MEMORY X

I go back again to Java 7, update OpenGL driver version and ... Now this game is more smoothly than EVER Big Grin. Sadly, speed gain is not constant; is just a boost but a very important boost and is frecuent. In that order, i attach the log generated on that gameplay using Java 7 (The best gameplay so far) and 3 compressed logs of latest JPCSP rev using Java 6; all 3 crashed.

If someone have 5 minutes and want take a look please watch this video and then compare with r2684 video few post earlier:

Attached Files
.7z   JPCSPx64 - Several test under Java 6 Update 34.7z (Size: 8.83 KB / Downloads: 93)
.7z   r2703x64 - KZL Java7 Best working gameplay ever.7z (Size: 8.75 KB / Downloads: 112)
[Image: montcer.png]
With right options here and there this game can be playable. Still some glitches (Like the intro video flip) but they don't stop the gameplay.

Updated Software:
-AMD Catalyst 12.9 (OpenGL V 6.14.10.11926)
-Java 7 Update 7
-JPCSP r2740x64

Computer Specs:
-AMD A8-3510mx APU with ATI Radeon 6620g (512MB dedicated at 667MHz)
-8GB RAM at 1333 MHz
-Windows 7x64

Config Usage:
Code:
Configuration / Video
    [ ] Disable VBO (automatically disabled if not supported)
    [X] Only GE graphics (not recommended for homebrew)
    [X] Use vertex cache
    [X] Use shaders (experimental)
    [ ] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
    [X] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
    [ ] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
    [X] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
    [X] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
    [X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)
    [ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)
    [ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask" (more accurate but slower)
    [ ] Disable optimized VertexInfo reading (may improve compatibility)
    [ ] Use Software Rendering (very experimental, not yet complete, slow)
Configuration / Audio
    [ ] Disable audio threads
    [ ] Disable audio channels (not recommended)
    [ ] Disable audio blocking
Configuration / Memory
    [ ] Ignore invalid memory access (not recommended for test reports, but improves performance)
    [ ] Ignore unmapped imports (not recommended)
Configuration / Media
    [X] Use Media Engine
    [ ] Extract media files to tmp folder
    [X] Decode audio files with SonicStage (must be installed separately and requires Media Engine)
    [ ] Use debug font (disable flash0 fonts)
Configuration / Compiler
    [X] Use compiler (dynarec)
    [ ] Output profiler info to profiler.txt (only for compiler)
    [100] Maximum method size
Configuration / Crypto
    [ ] Extract decrypted EBOOT.BIN files to the TMP folder
    [ ] Handle SAVEDATA in crypto mode
    [ ] Extract original PGD files to the TMP folder
Configuration / Display
    Anti-aliasing:                           [OFF]
    Resolution:                              [Native]
    [ ] Start JPCSP in Full-Screen Exclusive Mode in the following runs
Please move this game to Playable. Still having some minor bugs that by the way, are fixed by SoftwareMode; those are missing loading screen (Without SoftwareMode loading screens are just a black screen) and intro video flickering:

The rest of the game aren't good idea with SoftwareMode because it broke the color palette:

NOTE: The software images are located on the right side (The bright ones) of the VS images; the ones on the left side have common options (VertexCache, Shaders, etc).

Attached Files
.7z   r2841x64 - KZL (InfoLog+Profiler-SoftwareMode).7z (Size: 229.84 KB / Downloads: 104)
.7z   r2841x64 - KZL (InfoLog+Profiler-SoftwareMode OFF).7z (Size: 219.03 KB / Downloads: 103)
Something is broke here. Game crash just before the intro video shows. Media Engine is on.

Attached Files
.7z   r3065x64 - KZL (InfoLog).7z (Size: 3.25 KB / Downloads: 105)
(03-23-2013, 08:06 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: Something is broke here. Game crash just before the intro video shows. Media Engine is on.
Could you retry with r3068? I found an issue with r3043.

Thank you!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Yeah, it is fixed. By the way, this game speed has been improved a lot! The sound is almost closed to 100% accurate and the video still has some faults.

Right now is better playable than ever was. Thanks.