This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UMD_VIDEO
if you know something later publish it please.

thanks
Sure. Smile

By the way, I've analyzed the CLIPINFO files and they are just the splitted PSMF headers from the movie streams, so, basically, a UMD_VIDEO stream can be considered as a two file component that respects the following structure:
00001.CLP (PSMF header file) + 00001.MPS (stream file)

Which is exactly the same as the format used in regular PSP games, but in games we have it all in one file:
MOVIE.PMF (PSMF header + stream file)

Even though they use different extension names, the data is really similar (there some obvious changes in the CLP PSMF header, but the parameters are parsed in the same way.
Taking this into account, we can currently ignore those CLP files.
Now, the real headache comes from the RCO files. Those files contain audio data, image data, subtitles and even animations.
This is now the next step to improve the video player to make it work correctly, being the most prioritary feature, the proper display of subtitles.
Hope to test this soon. Casey the Co-Ed is already in the mail Big Grin
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
hykem thank for your work.
is so well

Wait for more advance(sorry for my english
thanks.
As of r2225, more work has been done on this feature. UMD_VIDEO's DISC IDs are now finally visible in the UMD Browser, resizing is now compatible with this mode (only the limited 1x, 2x and 3x modes for now) and I've also added a small set of limited features like the ones the PSP provide.
First of all, to better enjoy the screen resizing, it's advised to first load the UMD_VIDEO, change the size and then run it. Changing sizes while streaming the video may not always work and you may need to wait until the next stream starts playing for this to take effect.

The controls for the video player are now:
Right arrow - advance one stream;
Left arrow - go back one stream;
W - pause;
S - play;
A - rewind;
D - fast forward.

These are still only partially functional and work through keyframe seeking, but they're able to provide some basic support in case you just want to skip a scene really fast or go back 2 or 3 frames atleast. Wink
You can also take screenshots with F5, which will have the same size as the window you're using (1x, 2x or 3x).

On a more technical note, pratically all of the PLAYLIST.UMD file has been figured out. Also, the UmdVideoPlayer now looks for .CLP files too, but it still doesn't use them as they just contain the ripped off PSMF header that compose a full MPEG stream used by regular UMD games.

Now I've started to reverse the .RCO files, which can contain several different kinds of data by using one common index table.

Any tests or suggestions are, of course, welcome! Big Grin