This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UMD_VIDEO
As of r1900, UMD_VIDEO and UMD_AUDIO images are now recognized by JPCSP (since they're also valid UMD data).
These can only be played back by the MediaEngine, so it needs to be enabled first.
Currently, only a very limited implementation of UMD_VIDEO playback is available in the form of a UmdVideoPlayer. When loading a UMD_VIDEO, a new window pops up (the main window is not currently in use due to the possible aspect ratio changes in the video data), the PLAYLIST.UMD file is interpreted and the .MPS stream files are reconverted into the PSP's aspect ratio and played back into that window.
Pressing the right arrow advances one stream and pressing the left arrow returns one stream (like chapter browsing).
More improvements are bound to come as more information is found on this format.

Enjoy! Wink
btw compile error in 1900
r1900
[javac] Compiling 395 source files to builds/jpcsp/jpcsp-read-only/bin/class
[javac] builds/jpcsp/jpcsp-read-only/src/jpcsp/HLE/modules150/sceUtility.java:1378: cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol : variable PSP_MEMORYSTICK_STATE_INSERTED
[javac] location: class jpcsp.hardware.MemoryStick
[javac] if (MemoryStick.getState() != MemoryStick.PSP_MEMORYSTICK_STATE_INSERTED) {
[javac] ^
[javac] Note: builds/jpcsp/jpcsp-read-only/src/jpcsp/Settings.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[javac] 1 error
I think it's supposed to be PSP_MEMORYSTICK_STATE_DEVICE_INSERTED instead of PSP_MEMORYSTICK_STATE_INSERTED. After changing it, it compiles just fine and seems to be working alright, at least in Crisis Core FFVII.
r1900 link for download please.
(12-11-2010, 10:44 AM)javicampeon Wrote: r1900 link for download please.

r1900 does not compile, wait for a fix in r1901+
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(12-11-2010, 06:42 AM)Itaru Wrote: I think it's supposed to be PSP_MEMORYSTICK_STATE_DEVICE_INSERTED instead of PSP_MEMORYSTICK_STATE_INSERTED.

Oops, my mistake. After studying the source code a bit, I believe the correct fix should be PSP_MEMORYSTICK_STATE_DRIVER_READY. If you know how to fix it and compile it yourself, then great. If not, better wait for the official fix which I'm sure will have more new stuff. Smile
That's odd...
I think I may have to update my NetBeans IDE has it's causing a lot of update mistakes upon new commits.
Anyway, commiting a fix right away.

EDIT: There, added the missing sceUtility in r1901.
More improvements have been introduced in r1906, being the most significant one, the usage of the main display instead of a separate window. UmdVideoPlayer now swaps the main GUI's display by the video displaying label when a video is loaded.
Since this is all managed by an independent thread, there's still no communication with the emulator itself, so the videos will immediately play after being loaded and the only buttons that do anything so far are the right and left arrows to switch between movie streams.
Please keep in mind that this is still very experimental and a lot of approaches are still being considered. Smile
configuration for umd video please.
(12-13-2010, 11:36 AM)javicampeon Wrote: configuration for umd video please.

None, actually. It only depends on the MediaEngine by default and it currently ignores all other emulator parameters.
Unfortunately, UmdVideoPlayer can't interpret CLIPINFO or .RCO files yet (under investigation), so some streams may be in the wrong order or can't be decoded at all (sometimes end up in a full crash).
Just locate your UMD_VIDEO image, load it and press run.