This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai [ULJS00459]
#21
(05-02-2013, 10:30 AM)kyousuke Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 09:30 AM)gid15 Wrote: Disable the profiler while checking the performance, the profile itself is introducing overhead.

Have you tried to disable the MediaEngine? This would disable all Atrac3 decoding. So that you can see the difference without decoding at all (even faster than decoding external WAV files).

THAT did the trick!
Which one? Setting the Maximum method size to 50 (with disabled profiler) or disabling the Media Engine?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Reply

#22
(05-02-2013, 10:36 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 10:30 AM)kyousuke Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 09:30 AM)gid15 Wrote: Disable the profiler while checking the performance, the profile itself is introducing overhead.

Have you tried to disable the MediaEngine? This would disable all Atrac3 decoding. So that you can see the difference without decoding at all (even faster than decoding external WAV files).

THAT did the trick!
Which one? Setting the Maximum method size to 50 (with disabled profiler) or disabling the Media Engine?

It was profiler's fault mostly, probably because before I never tried with method size at 50, but with both profiler and media engine disabled the fps is even better. With media engine enabled now the fps is around 25-35. Do you want to see a debug log of that crash in the previous screenshot?

Resuming
Media Engine = On
Clock = 300%
Profiler = Off
Method Size = 50

AVG FPS = 30-32 (more than 40 with Media Engine disabled).

By the way, how does the emu play the HCA files from withing the AWB archives without extracting or decrypting them? sorry for the noobish question but I was kinda curious about that.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz
3072MB RAM DDR2
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1024MB
Java Build 1.8.0-EA-B89
Reply

#23
Does the audio play when disabling the MediaEngine?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Reply

#24
(05-02-2013, 11:18 AM)gid15 Wrote: Does the audio play when disabling the MediaEngine?

Yes it works, only the intro video is not playing. Also, I tried removing the exe files from \JPCSP\lib\windows-amd64 to see what happens and audio is still working.
Is it supposed to work without those files?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz
3072MB RAM DDR2
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1024MB
Java Build 1.8.0-EA-B89
Reply

#25
(05-02-2013, 09:43 PM)kyousuke Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 11:18 AM)gid15 Wrote: Does the audio play when disabling the MediaEngine?

Yes it works, only the intro video is not playing. Also, I tried removing the exe files from \JPCSP\lib\windows-amd64 to see what happens and audio is still working.
Is it supposed to work without those files?
This confirms that this game is not using sceAtrac & the MediaEngine to generate sounds. This is why you won't find any extracted file under tmp.

The game is probably using sceSasCore to generate sounds (sceSasSetVoice or sceSasSetVoicePCM). These functions are not streamed and cannot be decoded in advance like sceAtrac. The application is taking care of reading the AWB archives and decoding the audio by itself.

Should the game be moved to Playable or Half-Playable?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Reply

#26
(05-03-2013, 09:28 AM)gid15 Wrote: This confirms that this game is not using sceAtrac & the MediaEngine to generate sounds. This is why you won't find any extracted file under tmp.

The game is probably using sceSasCore to generate sounds (sceSasSetVoice or sceSasSetVoicePCM). These functions are not streamed and cannot be decoded in advance like sceAtrac. The application is taking care of reading the AWB archives and decoding the audio by itself.

Should the game be moved to Playable or Half-Playable?

It's definitely playable, ignoring the invalid addresses it almost never crashes but I think it's the same for many other playable games.
About the audio, I had that suspect (HCA files), but since it's running flawlessly at 30-35 fps it probably won't be necessary to extract those files in /tmp.

By the way, so that everyone knows, to play this game at 30/40+ FPS, these are the best settings:

Options >
- Clock Speed= 300%

Options >
- Configuration >
- - Compiler >
- - - Disable Output profiler and set Method Size to 50

Options >
- Configuration >
- - Media >
- - - Disable Media Engine (it removes the intro video but, everything else works and it's faster!)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz
3072MB RAM DDR2
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1024MB
Java Build 1.8.0-EA-B89
Reply

#27
r3491
Now jpcsp start as real PSP for saving.
   
No more invalid address now


Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 52.5 KB / Downloads: 1)
Reply



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2022 iAndrew & Melroy van den Berg.