This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atrac3+ decoding with HiMDRenderer suggestion
(12-08-2010, 08:26 PM)gid15 Wrote: Is it solved in r1889?

Thank you for reporting!

Yup, both problems have been fixed in r1890. Crisis Core FFVII is running perfectly now with complete sound and music. Awesome work and many thanks!
Oh well, I spoke too soon in my previous post. I'm still getting the NullPointerException in Crisis Core FFVII at line 681 in class jpcsp.HLE.modules150.sceAtrac3plus in method sceAtracSetDataAndGetID() whenever Zack does a limit break. It happens in r1890 and r1891. It also happens in r1892 after messing with the source code a bit to get it to compile and not hang in FFVII.

However, I think I can safely say that the IllegalArgumentException in OMAFormat has been completely fixed though. Smile
(12-07-2010, 09:02 AM)Itaru Wrote: Here's a workaround to get rid of the noise during decoding of Atrac3+ using HiMDRenderer in Jpcsp: just use nircmd ( http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html ) to mute the sound during the decoding. Extract nircmd into the lib\windows-x86 folder and edit the DecodeAudio.bat file.

The DecodeAudio.bat should look like this:

lib\windows-x86\nircmdc mutesysvolume 1
lib\windows-x86\HIMDRENDER -e -i %1 -o %2
lib\windows-x86\nircmdc mutesysvolume 0
The suggestion has been implemented in r1920. Thank you for the idea!
(12-19-2010, 03:58 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(12-07-2010, 09:02 AM)Itaru Wrote: Here's a workaround to get rid of the noise during decoding of Atrac3+ using HiMDRenderer in Jpcsp: just use nircmd ( http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html ) to mute the sound during the decoding. Extract nircmd into the lib\windows-x86 folder and edit the DecodeAudio.bat file.

The DecodeAudio.bat should look like this:

lib\windows-x86\nircmdc mutesysvolume 1
lib\windows-x86\HIMDRENDER -e -i %1 -o %2
lib\windows-x86\nircmdc mutesysvolume 0
The suggestion has been implemented in r1920. Thank you for the idea!

The decoding sound is still there...at least in some games might I add.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

(12-19-2010, 03:58 PM)gid15 Wrote: The suggestion has been implemented in r1920. Thank you for the idea!
You're very welcome and thanks for adding it to the svn.

(12-19-2010, 06:14 PM)Kai3213 Wrote: The decoding sound is still there...at least in some games might I add.
Check whether the nircmdc command actually mutes the sound on your computer. Just play any music file then run the "nircmdc mutesysvolume 1" from the command prompt to check.
the build bot builds, didn't include the nircmd files., so that's probably why it didn't mute
(12-19-2010, 09:19 PM)hyakki Wrote: the build bot builds, didn't include the nircmd files., so that's probably why it didn't mute

I just assume it has something to do with false virus warnings. The Nirsoft utilities are often categorized as "potential unwanted program". But only Orphis can clear this up entirely.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
just noticed himdrender includes the source (why didn't I notice this before).

here is a modified version of himdrender i made, compiled /w vs2008 see below for changes.
I fixed the WER (windows error reporting) error some audio would get (the annoying "Himdrender has stopped working..." error) this way if himd gets a bad file, instead of crashing it won't do anything.
Code:
igraph->Connect(omgsrc_ipinout,omgtrns_ipinin)
->
igraph->ConnectDirect(omgsrc_ipinout, omgtrns_ipinin, NULL)

other changes made
1. Replaced the connect function (it would cause an 'wer' error popup when trying to decode bad/non decode-able files)
2. Removed some un-necessary dialogs (file browser popup, press a key to exit pause)
3. Added in its own mute function so it will mute (mutes himdrender.exe only) when decoding starts, and un-mute when done, this way jpcsp can always have un-muted audio, and no noise on decode., no longer needs nircmd

I tested with windows 7 and everything is working for me, I couldn't test the mute function on older systems (xp, 2000) so it still needs some tests from other people but it should work.
don't forget to remove the nircmd lines in the bat file. if you try this.

let me know what you think.

Attached Files
.rar   HIMDRENDER-Muteaudio.rar (Size: 39.83 KB / Downloads: 118)
(12-27-2010, 01:30 PM)hyakki Wrote: just noticed himdrender includes the source (why didn't I notice this before).

here is a modified version of himdrender i made, compiled /w vs2008 see below for changes.
I fixed the WER (windows error reporting) error some audio would get (the annoying "Himdrender has stopped working..." error) this way if himd gets a bad file, instead of crashing it won't do anything.
Code:
igraph->Connect(omgsrc_ipinout,omgtrns_ipinin)
->
igraph->ConnectDirect(omgsrc_ipinout, omgtrns_ipinin, NULL)

other changes made
1. Replaced the connect function (it would cause an 'wer' error popup when trying to decode bad/non decode-able files)
2. Removed some un-necessary dialogs (file browser popup, press a key to exit pause)
3. Added in its own mute function so it will mute (mutes himdrender.exe only) when decoding starts, and un-mute when done, this way jpcsp can always have un-muted audio, and no noise on decode., no longer needs nircmd

I tested with windows 7 and everything is working for me, I couldn't test the mute function on older systems (xp, 2000) so it still needs some tests from other people but it should work.
don't forget to remove the nircmd lines in the bat file. if you try this.

let me know what you think.

Great work, hyakki!

I just tested it with XP and it works very good, no noises during converting (without nircmd) and the annoying crashes are gone. Of course the crashes are not the fault of HiMDRenderer but they were annoying nonetheless.

Big Grin
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Yup, it's working great on my XP 64-bit. Awesome work, hyakki. Hopefully your version of HiMDRenderer will be implemented in the latest svn soon.