This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Load saved game
Hi, I'm playing atm Final Fantasy Crisis Core, whenever I try to save the game pops up another scree with slots etc.., I save the game, and when I try to save again, it shows the others saves as it should. But, when I reset the game or close the emulator, i can't LOAD the saved game, it shows up the same screen but there's no slots with my saved game. But when I start a new game and try save a game, the previous saved game still there.

My question is: is this a emulator problem (can't load atm (I've searched, but I could not find yet)), a game problem (C.C. can't be loaded) or a pc/instalation/config problem?

Using:jpcsp-2457-windows-amd64

My pc: Radeon HD 5770, i5 750, 4gb ddr3, OS: Win 7 ultimate 64x

I'm not having any problems about running the game, I'm having problems only when I try to load a saved game.

I'm using the same config as the topic (ffviicc) recomends, except for the video part that I had to tweak in other to show the chars.

[Image: bijp5j.jpg]
Nobody have any idea or at least explain?
post a log on the info setting when it crashes, so everyone can see the problem and what settings you are using.
There isn't a crash, i couldn't load a saved game, because the save's din't showed up!

the load (i've tweaked the crypt option, before the post I've searched a lot and saw some ppl talking about the handle crypt save data, before that it was the default config), this is the first time that shows anything:

[Image: 2h51jbb.jpg]

the save (notice that it shows up + 2 old saves that WON'T show on the load screen)

[Image: 30tgjtk.jpg]

And now the load screen after I saved (i think it was the the crypto thing, i'll turn off and test):

[Image: 5medg3.jpg]

-____________________-' nevermind, just killed the beast. It was the crypto option, i tried to load those two that showed up with the option turned off and the game gave me a failed load msg.

The option was: Handle SAVEDATA in crypto mod. hyakki could you update the Crisis Core thread with this option? (it will save nbs like me to make threads like this in future T_T)
those two saves were probably created with the crypto option on.

the saves created with it will be incompatible with ones created without it, and the emulator can only load one set of those. either encrypted or decrypted saves.

it's like that in all games, not just this.
(02-25-2012, 02:53 PM)serio Wrote: those two saves were probably created with the crypto option on.

the saves created with it will be incompatible with ones created without it, and the emulator can only load one set of those. either encrypted or decrypted saves.

it's like that in all games, not just this.
So why there's the crypt option? (The ones that was created without the option were not able to be read by the emulator, and , the ones that I created with the option, whenever a try to load without the option checked, gives a ingame error msg)
Quote:So why there's the crypt option
the real psp encrypts all of its saves, and jpcsp tries to emulate that to be able to switch the saves between itself and a psp. it's not done yet though, it can already decrypt a lot of psp saves, but can't encrypt them to be readable by a psp. when the crypto option's off, it basically creates/reads raw decrypted ones instead.

i think the option's still there since originally jpcsp couldn't do any crypto things until the keys were figured out, so it had to store its saves in decrypted, raw mode. people have a lot of decrypted saves from the time, and it's good if you wanted to hack the savefiles for example.
(02-26-2012, 12:19 AM)serio Wrote:
Quote:So why there's the crypt option
the real psp encrypts all of its saves, and jpcsp tries to emulate that to be able to switch the saves between itself and a psp. it's not done yet though, it can already decrypt a lot of psp saves, but can't encrypt them to be readable by a psp. when the crypto option's off, it basically creates/reads raw decrypted ones instead.

i think the option's still there since originally jpcsp couldn't do any crypto things until the keys were figured out, so it had to store its saves in decrypted, raw mode. people have a lot of decrypted saves from the time, and it's good if you wanted to hack the savefiles for example.

I see, thanks again for the info mate!