This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious bug introduced in svn 1870
First I want to thank all contributors for such a lovely PSP emulator. Smile
It even runs ZHP Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman on an old Athlon XP 2800+ with playable speed (20-30 FPS). Exclamation

Now to the serious bug introduced in svn 1870 (remaining up to 1881) which hinders ZHP Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman from running any more. It loads, passes the first message screen and shows part of the intro, but then suddenly stops showing anything (FPS at constant 50 FPS), so that half of the intro no longer is shown. Even pressing X (to advance to the menu) results in nothing more than a black screen.

Up to svn 1969 the intro is fully shown and after pressing X it advances to a "flashing in" hero figure which fades to the menu screen. But in svn 1870 (up to 1881) neither the "flashing in" hero nor the menu screen shows up.

The console does not show any errors or messages.

Up to svn 1869 in runs nearly perfect, besides missing background music (which is no problem for me) with the following settings:
- General
All at default
- Video
Only GE graphics (to speed things up on the old Athlon, but is not necessary)
- Audio
All at default
- Memory
Ignore invalid memory access (to speed things up on the old Athlon, but is not necessary)
Ignore unmapped imports (to stop ZHP to pause from time to time)
- Media
All at default

This is just a short report.
ZHP (the only game I am currently playing) runs fine in svn 1869, so there is no urgent need from my side to have this fixed in a hurry.

Keep up that excellent work, guys. Wink
Hmm...
Could you please post the INFO log (change the Logger window level from OFF to INFO, load and run the game and then attach the log.html file generated in JPCSP's root folder here) from the beggining of the game right up until it freezes?
I'm guessing it's an issue with scePsmf and sceMpeg communication somewhere...
Thanks in advance! Smile
(12-05-2010, 04:03 PM)Hykem Wrote: Hmm...
Could you please post the INFO log (change the Logger window level from OFF to INFO, load and run the game and then attach the log.html file generated in JPCSP's root folder here) from the beggining of the game right up until it freezes?
Thanks in advance! Smile
I really would have done so in the first place.

But I can't change the "Log Level". There is no list showing up when clicking the down arrow (from the select list).
No matter what I change, it remains on "OFF", sorry.
If there is an alternate way of enabling "Info" (manually changing the LogSettings.xml maybe?) let me know and I will follow.

I have XP SP3 and the latest Java RE installed, JPCSP is in a directory in the root.
(12-05-2010, 07:07 PM)BinarySlave Wrote:
(12-05-2010, 04:03 PM)Hykem Wrote: Hmm...
Thanks in advance! Smile
I really would have done so in the first place.

But I can't change the "Log Level". There is no list showing up when clicking the down arrow (from the select list).
No matter what I change, it remains on "OFF", sorry.
If there is an alternate way of enabling "Info" (manually changing the LogSettings.xml maybe?) let me know and I will follow.

I have XP SP3 and the latest Java RE installed, JPCSP is in a directory in the root.

It's possible to edit the logsettings.xml but in your case it would be sufficient to just move the logger window a bit away from the bottom and you can select the different log level settings.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(12-05-2010, 07:17 PM)Darth1701 Wrote: It's possible to edit the logsettings.xml but in your case it would be sufficient to just move the logger window a bit away from the bottom and you can select the different log level settings.
Doh! That did the trick. Blush

Requested file attached. Wink

Attached Files
.html   log.html (Size: 48.47 KB / Downloads: 177)
Tested svn 1890 recently and can report that this version has not just the bug fixed, but a little speed gain in some parts of ZHP
(on my old Athlon XP) are also achieved. Cool
Impressive guys. Keep it rolling. Heart