This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any way to save game?
I have searched the forums but found no info on the issue.
Im using the latest build as of now. In any game it is the same.
Saving snapshot and loading it afterwards crashes the emulator. I have tried to mess around with "load memstick" stuff, but failed to understand what to do so that game recognised it.

Need help -_-".
(12-01-2010, 09:49 PM)Sinael Wrote: I have searched the forums but found no info on the issue.
Saving snapshot and loading it afterwards crashes the emulator. I have tried to mess around with "load memstick" stuff, but failed to understand what to do so that game recognised it.

Need help -_-".

The saving snapshot doesn't work very well at the moment so just save normally instead of using save states.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

ok how do you save normally then? sorry first time jpcsp user and i'm clueless on the whole saving games with jpcsp and how it works ect. example was playing crisis core went to a save point to save the game i click the x button to save the game it brings up a window outside of the game for saving. how do you save the game normally without that out of the game window popping up does the psp have mem cards like other consoles? i'm just trying to get a feel for how to be able to load/save games while using this emulator. please forgive all the questions

(12-02-2010, 04:17 AM)Kai3213 Wrote:
(12-01-2010, 09:49 PM)Sinael Wrote: I have searched the forums but found no info on the issue.

Need help -_-".

The saving snapshot doesn't work very well at the moment so just save normally instead of using save states.
That window you see is the normal way to save the game. Instead of showing the menu in the emulator window, you get it outside.
(12-04-2010, 11:26 PM)Orphis Wrote: That window you see is the normal way to save the game. Instead of showing the menu in the emulator window, you get it outside.
What if this causes the game to hang? I played a game called The 3rd Birthday and whenever I choose to save the game, a JPCSP windows pop up, I choose a slot and when I get back to the game it just "hangs" (doesn't receive any input from my keyboard nor anything else). I tried waiting for 5 minutes but to no avail. I had to close it down and restart.

Any tips please?
save system works fine, i tested the 3rd birthday / crisis core and saving works perfect, make sure you're using an official build (not emucr or some other source) they aren't supported., if you still have a problem set jpcsp logger console to info, compress the html file and post it in the game thread so the developers can look at the error.
(12-27-2010, 02:30 PM)hyakki Wrote: save system works fine, i tested the 3rd birthday / crisis core and saving works perfect, make sure you're using an official build (not emucr or some other source) they aren't supported., if you still have a problem set jpcsp logger console to info, compress the html file and post it in the game thread so the developers can look at the error.

Thanks so much for the reply! Smile Well, I am not sure if what I got was an "official build" but I got everything from here:

http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/

BTW, are you guys graduate from computer courses from college? xD I still find it crazy that this is working xD

I will also try to learn what you said about setting the jpcsp logger and compressing and etc. xD I have low technical knowledge sorry. But, thanks so much again Big Grin