This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heretic and Hexen for PS3
hermes the developer has ported heretic and hexec clasic games on PC to PS3

Quote:To celebrate PSL1GHT already beginning to have a body and the creation of the PS3 that can play Soundlib
up to 16 voices sound, I carried two classic PC to PS3 that use multiple effects: The Games - Heretic and Hexen

Required to operate HEXEN.WAD and HERETIC.WAD WADs respectively (shareware or not and so, in case
with that name) to be copied into the directory of EBOOT.BIN or failing that, within the folder
"Heretic" and "hexen" respectively, in a USB device.

At the start of the game, if installed in hard disk (by PKG) is the option to press CIRCLE to
copy the contents of the folders "heretic" or "hexen" from the USB device to the installation path
game, to facilitate you in life.

On the other hand, I've got vibration in command: when we receive a damage activates the strong vibration, but
when an enemy who receives damage, you'll notice in the form of lower vibration.

The latter is perhaps not very realistic since it is well if we are what we are in breach
damage at close range, but long distance does not say much and vibrate when the command is
currando bugs including ... . However, I have left and that sometimes is good to know that you
a few wild animals around and it is useful to know that truly, your ammunition is doing
pupa (not all hard-nosed realism)

You also have option of using a series of cheats as mentioned in the readme.txt.

On the other hand, let me know if you have problems with the display: I have checked the HDMI modes available to me
(Excluding 1080P) to try to find the viewable screen and use a routine that re-scale a
screen "virtual" output format. The problem is that the drawing area of the screen on the PS3, is located
outside the visible area of your monitor / screen and that requires some adjustments I have done based on my
screen and do not know if any other, can cause problems or not, or whether any other resolution requires new
adjustments (a thing is to see a slight edge to the right, for example, and second straight, are not
things that should appear.) It distinguishes between 4:3 and 16:9

Quote:Instalation
-----------

There are two ways for install

1) By PKG. On this occasion, copy the folder content "pkg" on the root´s directory of the USB device and "Install Package Files" on the PS3

2) By SELF. On this occasion, copy "homebrew" on the root´s directory of the USB device and load the aplications with the "Open Manager"
or another homebrew loader.

Heretic require the file HERETIC.WAD that can be copied where is EBOOT.BIN (/dev_hdd0/game/HERETIC01/USRDIR or
/dev_usb/homebrew/Heretic) or on the USB devide making the folder called "heretic" and copying HERETIC.WAD (/dev_usb/heretic/HERETIC.WAD)

The name MUST be on uppercase letters.

For short copying files, there is an utility starting the game: on the licence´s screen you can press Circle button if you want to copy the content from dev_usb/heretic to the location of the game in the hard disk (/dev_hdd0/game/HERETIC01/USRDIR)

You can use a FTP program for copy HERETIC.WAD too.

For the files of HEXEN is something like the previous method, but in this occasion, is required HEXEN.WAD that must be copied to /dev_usb/hexen
(for all the instalations) or /dev_usb/homebrew/Hexen (Open Manager) or to /dev_hdd0/game/HEXEN0001/USRDIR (HDD).

And you can copy on the license´s screen the content of /dev_usb/hexen a /dev_hdd0/game/HEXEN0001/USRDIR
pressing CIRCLE button

HELP SCREEN / CONTROLS
-----------------------------

At any time you can press START button for open the help screen (the game is paused at this time). The help screen show the game controls and pause the game.

With SELECT button you can enter on the Main menu. The another buttons are these:

HERETIC
-------

Left Stick: Moving back and forward on side-scrolling

Right Stick: Look up /down flip left/right

L2 button: Run

R2 button: Shoot

X button: Change weapon

CIRCLE button: Open/Close doors

SQUARE button: Use item selected

TRIANGLE button: ON / OFF map

L1/ R1 button: Choose Item

Left/Right (PAD) -> Decrease / Increase Map

Up / Down (PAD): Fly (it require an item)

Hold L2 and press CIRCLE: Stop flying

SELECT button: Game Main Menu

START button: Help Screen

HEXEN
-----

Left Stick: Moving back and forward on side-scrolling

Right Stick: Look up /down flip left/right

L2 button: Run

R2 button: Shoot

X button: Jump

CIRCLE button: Open/Close doors

SQUARE button: Use item selected

TRIANGLE button: ON / OFF map

L1/ R1 button: Choose Item

Left/Up/Right/Down (PAD): Change between weapons (1, 2, 3, 4)

Hold L2 + Left/Right (PAD) -> Decrease / Increase Map

Hold L2 + Up/down (PAD): Fly (it require an item)

Hold L2 and press CIRCLE: Stop flying

SELECT button: Game Main Menu

START button: Help Screen

CHEATS
------

the two games allow you to do cheats as follows:

Press START button and on the help screen, press L1 five times until the screen changes color

Hold R1 and press Up (PAD): All Weapons

Hold R1 and press Right (PAD): God mode on/off

Hold R1 and press Down (PAD): Full Health

Hold R1 and press Left (PAD): All keys

Hold R1 and press Triangle: Brings you all items

Download http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/ps3/h...en_ps3.rar

Source http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_juegos-he...s3_1526724
[Image: 1388267.png]