This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeanne d'Arc - UCUS98700
r2751

...wow. I have checked that thread from time to time with no good news abou this game. But gid15 and hyakki have made good work and it seems that it is now more playable.

So i have try it myself and it has no crash or freeze in the Beginning nor at the secound battle like i posted ago. But you need original font or text is horrible because it cuts and is displaced.
My settings for this game are "shaders" and "saving GE screen to textures". Characters and Monsters are pixelated at 2x scale but buildings and background are good.

hyakki what are your recommended settings and how far along your are in this game now? Would you say it might be full playable now?
I am happy to report that game seems completely playble now Smile
I have tested for couple of hours,4-5 battles cant remember exactly.
Only once did the game paused,and that was when frog appears,like hyakki pointed out.
However,that can be solved by using "ignore memory errors" option.
Aside from that,games needs original psp fonts to display text correctly,and option "color mask" needs to be enabled for jean to show on world map
Moved to Playable Smile
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(10-01-2012, 04:27 PM)digiadventures Wrote: Aside from that,games needs original psp fonts to display text correctly,and option "color mask" needs to be enabled for jean to show on world map

...i can't see Jean on world map if "saving GE screen to textures" is on. How did you do that or haven't you this activated? "color mask" isn't needed or have no effect on world map. "GE graphics" is a good choise to make text & menu sharp but objects / background are pixelated.

So it's more a matter of what you more like and what not. Good scale and acuity but have some blur textures or have compability and accuracy but with pixelated graphics. I like more the first one and will have a "ghost" on world map Smile

I also tested software rendering and it's not too bad. Lighnings around objects is the biggest problem and some layers (3th picture).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

nikeb,you are right,I tested the game again,and color mask is not required for jean to show on world map.
All what is required is to not have "saving ge screen to textures" enabled.

(10-01-2012, 07:44 PM)gid15 Wrote: Moved to Playable Smile

I just have to say great work Smile
You seem to be only one contributing to this emulator,and it is progressing same as some other emulators who have bunch of people contributing !
On the compatibility website this is listed as half playable still.
...i discovered a problem with 64bit version of jpcsp.

After second battle you might have some "skill stones" (heal is what i want) but i coudn't equip or find them at equip menu. Now i know why. I have seen "Flash Strike" the first time i use the menu but if you go to next skill register and go back to first then it disappeared (2 Pictures). So heal skill is not "reachable" because it disappeared after first register/page change. I want to log this but in 64bit version i can't change log-level - it is only "off".

So i tried 32bit version of jpcsp and it logged, but it shows all the skills. There are no problems. Also tested fonts because i use default emu fonts but there is no problem with the fonts.

...checked my java versions. I have older ones "Version 6 update 27 (64bit)" and "Version 6 update 31". Think the update 31 is then the 32bit version.
Anyone have newer version of java and can test this or haven't that problem? (i also tested with newest version of jpcsp - 2758)

works ok here using 64bit.
you have to use the dpad to navigate that menu, analog control wont move the selector

btw you should upgrade to java 7, java 6 is not recommended anymore.

have updated java version to 7 and it works for 64bit. Now i can also find Skill Stones with jpcsp 64bit. Good to know that it coud be java and not the emu itself ^^.
Game hangs after stage 10,unless animation is skipped.
Surprisingly,error is related to fonts Smile

Code:
186471 user_main INFO stdout Error sceFontGetFontInfo: 0x80460003  

186471 user_main INFO stdout Error sceFontGetCharInfo: 0x80460003

EDIT : still seems to close font handles and then tries to reuse it

Code:
183779 user_main DEBUG hle.sceFont sceFontClose fontHandle=0x9F1020C  

183779 user_main DEBUG hle.sceFont sceFontGetFontInfo fontHandle=0x9F1020C, fontInfoPtr=0x09FFF338  

183779 user_main DEBUG hle sceFontGetFontInfo returning errorCode 0x80460003  

183783 user_main INFO stdout Error sceFontGetFontInfo: 0x80460003

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 11.36 KB / Downloads: 89)