This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeanne d'Arc - UCUS98700
(12-14-2012, 04:29 PM)digiadventures Wrote:
(12-14-2012, 11:21 AM)omoney Wrote: Hey what settings are you guys using? I tried the default settings that JPCSP comes with and I'm getting 4 - 15 fps for this game.

My specs are:
nvidia geforce gt 630m
duo core 2.5
4gb ram

I can confirm the regression, game is not playable anymore due to slow speed. Revision which broke the game is r2877, where drawing of indexed vertices was switched to opengl, I guess something is wrong with the implementation since its a lot slower Smile
Maybe if this game is back to normal speed using opengl drawing of indexed vertices , then final fantasy complete collection will also be fixed.
In the meantime, omoney, just use jpcsp version before r2877.

I attached log and profiler.

Tested r2929 and it runs about the same for me, but gpu usage might be alittle higher, gpu core usage 80% , using vertex cache brought the core usage down to 17% on my card. (vertex cache can cause some graphical glitch though Smile )

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Problem is only present in some battles, vertex cache seems to fix it, but it causes numerous graphic bugs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-14-2012, 04:29 PM)digiadventures Wrote: I can confirm the regression, game is not playable anymore due to slow speed. Revision which broke the game is r2877, where drawing of indexed vertices was switched to opengl, I guess something is wrong with the implementation since its a lot slower Smile
Maybe if this game is back to normal speed using opengl drawing of indexed vertices , then final fantasy complete collection will also be fixed.
Any performance improvement with r2938?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(12-21-2012, 05:38 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(12-14-2012, 04:29 PM)digiadventures Wrote: I can confirm the regression, game is not playable anymore due to slow speed. Revision which broke the game is r2877, where drawing of indexed vertices was switched to opengl, I guess something is wrong with the implementation since its a lot slower Smile

Yes, speed is back to normal, as it was in pre-2877 Smile
No change in final fantasy though.
(12-21-2012, 06:52 PM)digiadventures Wrote:

Game is no longer playable in r2957
it only shows black screen after "RUN" and nothing happens
no response to button press either
fps is showing normal (like game is running)
(01-22-2013, 07:22 AM)IcemanSR Wrote:

Its working fine for me,just tested it...
(01-22-2013, 09:53 AM)digiadventures Wrote:
(01-22-2013, 07:22 AM)IcemanSR Wrote:

Its working fine for me,just tested it...

Yes
i found a problem

i had enabled:
"Use Debug Font (disable flash0 fonts)"
in media tab

With that game doesn't boot at all

my mistake,haven't touched that option for long time,must have stayed like that from past for some reason
Yes, this game is very depandable on fonts, it wasn't playable at all until gid15 improved sceFont Smile
It still needs original psp fonts to work properly.
(01-24-2013, 09:46 AM)digiadventures Wrote: Yes, this game is very depandable on fonts, it wasn't playable at all until gid15 improved sceFont Smile
It still needs original psp fonts to work properly.

AH
now i remember Smile

i was wondering why game has such weird spacings in chat Tongue
it looks lovely now with my psp fonts dump

Thanks
If you decide to play more, dont forget there are two times game will freeze during playthrough, and you can only continue if you skip the cutscene.
You will have to look through the thread to find exactly where if you wanna know in advance ( I reported it, gid15 tried to fix it, but he couldnt )