This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Genso Suikoden 1 & 2 - JAP - ULJM05086
(10-27-2012, 11:23 AM)hyakki Wrote: Enable the Stencil Test option to brighten it up.

Sound (bgm) works ok here, make sure you installed sonic stage and have enable the "Decode Audio With sonic stage" option under Media.

Hi hyakki, thanks for the reply.

and thanks for your recommendation, now it's brighter than before. here's my settings which i'm using for VIDEO as well as MEDIA.

As for Sonic Stage, yes, i've it installed, but under the directory of Sonic stage, i chose the folder "ss_english" , not sure if i did the right thing but it was successful in installation.

But sad to say that, there's sound, but no music for my side. Sad

Thank you Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

do you see any files under this folder? (.wav files)
<jpcsp>\tmp\ULJM05086\Atrac\

When you installed sonic stage make sure it also installed OpenMG since that includes all the codecs. (you can see if its installed under Control Panel -> Programs and Features, it should be called openmg secure module),
(10-27-2012, 12:06 PM)hyakki Wrote: do you see any files under this folder? (.wav files)
<jpcsp>\tmp\ULJM05086\Atrac\

When you installed sonic stage make sure it also installed OpenMG since that includes all the codecs. (you can see if its installed under Control Panel -> Programs and Features, it should be called openmg secure module),

Hi again Hyakki,

I've installed OPENMG [as shown in the picture at the attachment; C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony], and Sonic Stage [C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony]. And no, there's no .wav files at "\tmp\ULJM05086\Atrac\"

Hmm.. something here makes me wonder, i'm using x64-Bit JPCSP, but Sonic Stage and OPENMG is at 32-Bit [x86] , does it affect the game musci in any other way ?

Thank you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

" To have sound/music in said videos, tick "Decode audio files with SonicStage". For this, you'll obviously need to have SonicStage installed.
Note: As far as I know, the Media Engine does not work on x64 builds, so you'll just have to use the x86 ones for now."

Quoted from : http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?5...with-JPCSP , dated 4th March 2011.

Can somebody confirmed this? Smile
I have been using JPCSP only on x64 builds and MediaEngine works OK; doesn't matter if SonicStage is x86/x64, just need to be installed.

Those .at3 files must be decoded with other plugin; look here:
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=5293

Latest post on that thread contain the newest version and some post have instructions or how to make this work.
NOTE: SonicStage still being necessary in order to have full sound.
[Image: montcer.png]
(10-28-2012, 05:54 AM)montcer9012 Wrote: I have been using JPCSP only on x64 builds and MediaEngine works OK; doesn't matter if SonicStage is x86/x64, just need to be installed.

Those .at3 files must be decoded with other plugin; look here:
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=5293

Latest post on that thread contain the newest version and some post have instructions or how to make this work.
NOTE: SonicStage still being necessary in order to have full sound.

Hi montcer9012,

Thanks for the replies.. and i finally managed to get it to worked.. didn't know what i did.. but i just un-install and re-install SonicStage, and then installed the latest "OpenMG Secure Module 5.4.00.04020".

After that, everything seems to worked from there. But here's another question, how do ya guys get high FPS? although music is there, it lagged quite a lot.

Not to mention, when it's playing DEMO, the highest FPS it reaches is like 14 only .. is it consider normal ?

Thanks
Hyakki, could you please tried out something here as i'm unsure whether it's my settings or some other problems.

Okay," after the audition with the emperor and General TEO is about to bring you back to TEO's mansion, just as soon as they've passed the door, it freezes, shows nothing at all for my side ". what about you?

2nd try, i played it on my PSP, save a file and bring it over to JPCSP, loads the game, and then the screen just show's grayish in colour.

Something wrong with the settings?

Thank you.
(10-28-2012, 07:16 AM)St3ph Wrote: ... how do ya guys get high FPS? although music is there, it lagged quite a lot.

Not to mention, when it's playing DEMO, the highest FPS it reaches is like 14 only .. is it consider normal ?
It depends of the config you are using at the moment of gameplay and your PC specs; told us what are your PC specs (CPU speed and model, VideoCard model, RAM and OS). I suggest you try to enable VertexCache, Shader and Disable UBO. Try different combinations because on some games you will get differents results according to which options are ON or OFF.

Also, under Compiler tag on options menu you could try to lower the Maximum Compiler Method to 100 or 50 and check if there are better results.
(10-28-2012, 03:20 PM)montcer9012 Wrote:
(10-28-2012, 07:16 AM)St3ph Wrote: ... how do ya guys get high FPS? although music is there, it lagged quite a lot.

It depends of the config you are using at the moment of gameplay and your PC specs; told us what are your PC specs (CPU speed and model, VideoCard model, RAM and OS). I suggest you try to enable VertexCache, Shader and Disable UBO. Try different combinations because on some games you will get differents results according to which options are ON or OFF.

Also, under Compiler tag on options menu you could try to lower the Maximum Compiler Method to 100 or 50 and check if there are better results.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM: 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0Y2MRG (CPU 1) 37 °C
Graphics: DELL S2330MX (1920x1080@60Hz) ,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Audio: Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (WDM)

As for the compiler method, i've changed it to 50 as seen in tutorial videos.

By the way, do you need logs for the error that i'm currently facing? which is, grey screen.

Thank You
With that machine you should get constant 30FPS so yes, something wrong is happening there because this game is check like PLAYABLE.

And yes, post a InfoLog; it will help locate the problem.