This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speed differences between 32-bit and 64-bit?
I know with emulators like the Dolphin gamecube/wii emu the 64 bit version runs a billion times faster than its 32 bit brother. as the devs codes it to take advantage or 64 bit hardware.
My question is, is this the case with this PSP emu? or is the 64 bit version simply a "download this version to work on 64 bit os" thing. or is there a difference?
If there is no diff besides OS choice, than is it possible to do like the Dolphin devs and take advantage of 64 bit hardware to gain speed?
Also, i was using latest ImToo video converter and it now has a feat that if you have an Nvidia "Cuda" capable GFX card, it can speed up the conversion process. is it possible in future releases to take advantage of this same thing? allowing the extra power of a GPU take the heat off the CPU's shoulders or something along those lines?

Im mainly interested in the 64 bit Q.

-Sketch
N00B to Emunewz
64bit could help, but the media decoder we use (Xuggle) doesn't have any Windows 64bit version. So you may experience a speedup but have no movie or music in your games.
Though, thanks to the migration to LWJGL, we were able to ditch the Java sound code and use OpenAL which should help as no sound were working before.
So its safe to say that the version we have now, which im using 64 bit, if i disable sound feats it should gain speed right?
Mr Obvious: If you disable anything you'll gain speed.