This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JPCSP IS NOT WORKING!!!!!
(08-10-2012, 07:30 AM)EnvyKiller Wrote: Yeah I just order and AMD ATI 2GB 2048MB...
If you are hoping play whit JPCSP, maybe is not too late and instead buying ATI video card bought an Nvidia one because ATI still have some bugs on the emulation of JPCSP.
[Image: montcer.png]
not just jpcsp, any game or program that uses opengl'll be affected, ati/amd's opengl support isn't that good. they don't care for free standards as much i guess.
(08-10-2012, 05:16 PM)serio Wrote: not just jpcsp, any game or program that uses opengl'll be affected
Hold that horses!! The part of OpenGL is kind of true; however for PC gaming AMD performance is pretty good. I can't say is better than Nvidia because i haven't tested an Nvidia video card of the newest model but i do whit AMD and is pretty good.
Game can use OpenGL too, if it's not a high budget kind-of-famous game like RAGE, there could be many bugs because of ATi dodgy implementations of OpenGL.
Quote:however for PC gaming AMD performance is pretty good
most of the commercial pc games use directx, not opengl. dx implementation in ati/amd cards is good.
(08-10-2012, 07:26 PM)icecoffemix Wrote: Game can use OpenGL too, if it's not a high budget kind-of-famous game like RAGE, there could be many bugs because of ATi dodgy implementations of OpenGL.
Mmmm, so, AMD is the savage capitalist it self hahahha.

On latest driver Update (Catalyst 12.7) games like Skyrim and Battlefield 3 have a pretty boost. I has always played Skyrim on High graphics whit my ATI 6620g and game performance has been very good. Now with 12.7 is a bit better.
(08-10-2012, 07:03 PM)montcer9012 Wrote:
(08-10-2012, 05:16 PM)serio Wrote: not just jpcsp, any game or program that uses opengl'll be affected
Hold that horses!! The part of OpenGL is kind of true; however for PC gaming AMD performance is pretty good. I can't say is better than Nvidia because i haven't tested an Nvidia video card of the newest model but i do whit AMD and is pretty good.

This is mostly true but the problem is A LOT of modern games coming out are supporting Intel and Nvidia more than AMD/ATI so they are more optimized.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
(08-10-2012, 08:15 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: On latest driver Update (Catalyst 12.7) games like Skyrim and Battlefield 3 have a pretty boost. I has always played Skyrim on High graphics whit my ATI 6620g and game performance has been very good. Now with 12.7 is a bit better.
yeah, skyrim runs on directx, battlefield most likely too.

commercial companies don't use free formats like opengl, you see it used pretty much only in indie games/programs that care about cross platforming to linux/mac.
And Java only use OpenGL?
No, but JPCSP use OpenGL since it's multiplatform.