This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max - ULUS10062
(03-26-2011, 05:18 PM)Hykem Wrote: Hmm...
I'm guessing this is a game specific issue. From the log, my first guess is that we're dealing with some new MODE_SIZES unseen condition.
Could you please upload the log from when you try loading the "corrupted" save file? Thanks! Smile

Thanks for investigating! Attached is a log from boot. The game attempts to load the save file immediately upon launch, but then just throws up the "Auto load failed" message. Later in the menus, if you try to manual load it, it reports it as corrupted.

I can create a new save and save/load that one fine for that session (at least no errors reported), but once i exit the game, the save can never be loaded again. Weird....and very sucky since this game has a great leveling up system!

Attached Files
.txt   New_Text_Document[1].txt (Size: 14.89 KB / Downloads: 65)
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
Still cannot save on r2099. Is this present on other games still? Is there anything I can try here?

It's also worth mentioning that this game does not "scale" proplery. When using any of those options or using the new Fullscreen feature, text strings blink and sprites in the menus and character select just don't display. Is this a known issue that affects more than this game and of course is there anything I can try to avoid this?
Saving for the record is now fixed. So that's taken care of.

But as of r2156, gfx have regressed recently and that's not a good thing since we already had graphical issues.

Using default install:
- So now at 1x, you get psycadelic gfxs - before gfx were 100% perfect!
- With "only GE" enabled, instead of psyceadelic gfx, those areas are just black. Before text would flicker but it more resembled the behavior of fullscreen. See next.
- Fullscreen or with ANY type of scaling (native res), you get flickering text and missing (transparant) gfx that were either black or psycadelic in the other setups. This has ALWAYS been the case.

So JPCSP has some weird issues with these 2d sprites/textures for some reason. Hopefully that can get sorted out once and for all but at least get the regression fixed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-29-2011, 12:00 AM)legend80 Wrote: Saving for the record is now fixed. So that's taken care of.

But as of r2156, gfx have regressed recently and that's not a good thing since we already had graphical issues.

Using default install:
- So now at 1x, you get psycadelic gfxs - before gfx were 100% perfect!
- With "only GE" enabled, instead of psyceadelic gfx, those areas are just black. Before text would flicker but it more resembled the behavior of fullscreen. See next.
- Fullscreen or with ANY type of scaling (native res), you get flickering text and missing (transparant) gfx that were either black or psycadelic in the other setups. This has ALWAYS been the case.

So JPCSP has some weird issues with these 2d sprites/textures for some reason. Hopefully that can get sorted out once and for all but at least get the regression fixed.
I've provided a fix in r2157 for the problem from r2132. Does it help?
Wow, quick turnaround on that regression fix Gid! Back to how it was at least.

It would be obviously great to fix this crazy sprite issue completely. Here's where we stand now:

Window, 1x = Virtually perfect. 2d images do sometimes show corrupted gfx occasionally (text, character pictures, etc). See screenshot.

Window, 1x, GE gfx =
1st screen (save loading) = flickering text
Q sound screen - missing - just shows the capcom logo from previous screen
Title screen= whole screen flicker like mad
Main menu = Tip text shows as black blocks
Character select screen = just background, no characters can be seen. This goes for most of the many areas of the game - the top most layer of gfx is just not displayed.

Window, 2x or more / Fullscreen ("Only GE gfx" on or off) =
Same as above except the text at main menu is just transparant. Otherwise, identially display/behavior. Attached screenshot.

I hope you can look into this a bit. Please let me know if I can provide anything more that can help!

r2289

game became unplayable. as soon as it's past the auto load and into the intro it starts flooding invalid memory address errors every frame.

enabling the ignore invalid memory addresses option will somehow get past, though there won't be any graphics visible anymore, and it'll just stop after the intro is over.

edit: oh i see.

Attached Files
.7z   2289_sfa3.7z (Size: 95.45 KB / Downloads: 92)
(08-21-2011, 12:05 AM)serio Wrote: r2289

game became unplayable. as soon as it's past the auto load and into the intro it starts flooding invalid memory address errors every frame.

enabling the ignore invalid memory addresses option will somehow get past, though there won't be any graphics visible anymore, and it'll just stop after the intro is over.

Check this: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....0#pid21040
Certain games are currently facing issues due to the recent reflection changes.
r2402:
broken in r2398 --> *Fixed reading of non-swizzled 4-bit textures.*(length)

(12-15-2011, 06:00 PM)raziel1000 Wrote: r2402:
broken in r2398 --> *Fixed reading of non-swizzled 4-bit textures.*(length)
Thanks for testing!
I have a *hopefully* proper fix in r2404.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(12-15-2011, 06:47 PM)gid15 Wrote: Thanks for testing!
I have a *hopefully* proper fix in r2404.

yep it's fixed Big Grin also tested dbz shin budokai Smile
Thanks!