This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emulating PSP CPU overclock?
(02-20-2012, 10:19 AM)freefive Wrote: Yet I edited those values, compiled, then tested with pllClock = 800 cpuClock = 800 busClock = 200 and PJD1 got about 650 fps while the default values, 222/111, only got 580~600 fps.
Could you insert the following line into your LogSettings.xml and post a log file at INFO level?

Code:
<logger name='hle.scePower'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>

This will log all the scePower calls performed by this game.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(02-21-2012, 09:40 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 10:19 AM)freefive Wrote: Yet I edited those values, compiled, then tested with pllClock = 800 cpuClock = 800 busClock = 200 and PJD1 got about 650 fps while the default values, 222/111, only got 580~600 fps.
Could you insert the following line into your LogSettings.xml and post a log file at INFO level?

Code:
<logger name='hle.scePower'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>

This will log all the scePower calls performed by this game.

with the logger I tested yet again, and they magically all run well, the default one,666 one, 800 one and the 1100 one. The log files are the same, so I guess that something had happened when I first tested them.

Sorry...please forgive me for my mistake...I was overwhelmed with joy at the thought of making it faster by editing scePower and forgot to do further tests...Blush

Attached Files
.html   log.html (Size: 3.72 KB / Downloads: 100)
Code:
scePower_EBD177D6 pll: 222, cpu: 222, bus: 111
scePower_EBD177D6 pll: 333, cpu: 333, bus: 166
The game is just setting the CPU clock to 333MHz and not querying anything. Jpcsp is ignoring these values. So this will definitely have no impact on Jpcsp speed.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Then I guess the lag bug lies elsewhere... I wonder if it's something to do with very high FPS count fraps show (upward of three to six hundreds)?