This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
requirments for jpcsp for full speed
I think that even the fastest and most expensive PC currently available still cannot run JPCSP at full speed everywhere in all games. I doubt even the upcoming new Intel Sandy Bridge platform overclocked to 5GHz can manage it. My current system is an Intel Core i7-875K 3.7GHz with 4GB DDR3 1650MHz and overclocked Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1GB, and the framerate still drops to 11 fps in Crisis Core FFVII in some spots such as Sector 8 Fountain. I think the bottleneck is not in the hardware, but in the emulator and Java.

I believe speed can be improved with code optimizations, but the dev team are working on functionality and bug fixes first. Once most of the functionality is working and bug-free, then perhaps they will tackle speed optimizations later on. If you want to run all games at full speed everywhere, play them on a real PSP which is a lot cheaper than a fast PC. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: requirments for jpcsp for full speed - by Itaru - 12-12-2010, 02:33 AM