This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
requirments for jpcsp for full speed
Wrong, there's no definite answer for this, it changes in every country. In France, you can have a backup copy of any copyrighted material if you want for example.
And emulators can be illegal if they contain copyrighted data (like the real BIOS) or are made with stolen copyrighted material (like official devkit documentation). Which is why we don't supply the decrypted version of the OFW, or the original fonts and reverse engineer everything.
(11-04-2010, 08:27 PM)Orphis Wrote: Wrong, there's no definite answer for this, it changes in every country. In France, you can have a backup copy of any copyrighted material if you want for example.
And emulators can be illegal if they contain copyrighted data (like the real BIOS) or are made with stolen copyrighted material (like official devkit documentation). Which is why we don't supply the decrypted version of the OFW, or the original fonts and reverse engineer everything.

That's why the fonts look like that? Is there a way to change them or make them smaller cuss they can sometimes run off the screen.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

We could compare the orignal fonts and the free one we use and try to adjust the metrics to have a perfect match. But it would be a long work.
And that's why lots of japanese games are showing "?????" too : we don't have a free font to replace the one from the FW. But copying the one from your PSP should help I guess !
Purely info on USA where i live. tend to forget about other countries. some countries have NO copyright laws.
But also, to go into more depth on the subject, COPYRIGHT LAWS are not actual laws. a law is something if you get caught doing, you get punished. whereas a copyright law is more like the country saying to the developer/publisher of said game, "we will support and enforce if you wish for no one to be able to copy your material". this is why if you was copying a game, and even giving it away for free and a police officer seen it, he couldn't do anything about it. its up to the creators of the game/movie/music to pursue you in court. but no matter where you are on earth, if sony says "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO COPY OUR CRAP" then thats just it, you arent allowed. however, in order for them to enforce it, they have to have the country your in support it and enforce it. america for example, enforces it ten fold. but theres loop holes as well. for example, its not illegal in USA to download copyrighted material. companies say it is, but usa wont back them. its illegal to sell or give away, or UPLOAD and share, but not to download. this is an act of a privacy law that was passed many years ago. there was a 14 year old girl years back who got arrested and fined for "downloading" 6 ac/dc songs/ in truth, she was punished for accidently SHARING them in her p2p program. not because she downloaded them. billions download, but mere hundred thousands upload.

Remember that commercial in the movie theaters "You wouldnt steal a purse, you wouldnt steal a DVD............BUYING bootlegs is a crime" or something like that? they never mentioned DOWNLOADING. they trick people into thinking downloading is illegal when its not. its not illegal to download copyrighted materials, but it IS illegal to have them. and companies have the right to pursue you. but dont have to. its tricky to think about really. but if you live in the USA, download away, but dont dare sell or upload. privacy laws protect you, whilst copyright laws attack you.....NUTS!

You know companies can sue you if you steal their copyright materials like with youtube and viacom. I remember that a friend of mine downloaded a movie via torrent and his ip adress got tracked back to him. He wasn't sued but had to pay a fine
(11-04-2010, 08:49 PM)Orphis Wrote: We could compare the orignal fonts and the free one we use and try to adjust the metrics to have a perfect match. But it would be a long work.
And that's why lots of japanese games are showing "?????" too : we don't have a free font to replace the one from the FW. But copying the one from your PSP should help I guess !

The problem is that the fonts are too big. A font resize function would be useful XD
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

Yah he got fined because they had PROOF that he had the file.

Oh and there is a way to change font on CFW psp's. i used to do it all the time. you had to access one of your f0: flash areas and replace the font file. quick google search should suffice.
(11-04-2010, 08:01 PM)OneHitGamer Wrote: but when sony complained, he was forced to create EMULATED firmware using his own code. the firmware we have today on our psp's is NOT psp firmware, its actually an EMULATOR that acts like the firmware of a psp. the info on what i just said was on QJ psp site years ago.

I can tell you CFW is a customized version of the OFW (Official firmware) and surely not an EMULATOR. This is mainly a patched official firmware which removes some usage restrictions : ability to run unsigned programs (homebrews), virtual UMD driver (.iso/.cso images on ms), etc.
QJ reported from DA about 2-3 years ago that since DA "was" doing what YOU said, customizing OFW, he was forced to stop, in which he than firgured out how to start from the ground up and code a copycat FW. basically a FAKE FW. as he said that sony knew he was using there code and modding it, and since that was a threat he made his own FW code that did all the same things OFW did. he emulated its features since he had threats from sony for MODDING theres. this is why CFW psp's are running FW that LOOKS and ACTS like real FW, but in fact is not. ill see if i can find the story for yall to read.
In the end, he still modifies the OFW, since he can't reprogram the whole thing by himself. And I wouldn't trust what QJ says, most people directing the website don't have the technical background required to understand what the hackers are doing. So they often invent stuff that sounds plausible but is indeed crazy. Distributing a patched firmware is indeed forbidden, but patching it live or adding hooks is just the way to go and can't be challenged by Sony.

And OneHitGamer, go back to law school. A copyright law is a law like any other. If in my country they say I can make a backup, then I can. And if the publisher tries to prevent me from doing it, then this part of the kind of contract I agree to can be easily challenged in court. Consumer laws are above license agreements imposed by the publishers.

And please, don't be so USA centric, most people on the forum aren't from there anyway...
Lol you just said the same thing i said dude. if a country doesn't enforce it, then your clear. read ALL of my posts before jackin your jaw. and NO, copyright laws are not like any other law. they just allow publishers to pursue someone if they so choose to. a law, no matter who breaks it, you are punished. but NO ONE, not even a judge can punish a person for copy infringement unless the copyright holder states they wish to pursue it.

USA centric? me talking about the worst place on earth for copyright laws.....wow. you didn't read anything i wrote did you? lol.
Copyright laws are not like standard laws. they are in place to allow developers to take action. again, since you didn't read, this is why a police officer cannot arrest you if he see's you selling a copyrighted material. he can report it, bout it. tis facts my lady.

And no one said DA "built" the firmware, i said he started from the ground up and wrote his own code to emulate features of official FW. since Sony threatened him for touching there official code. and this was a QJ interview with DA himself. not a random THOUGHT they had.

DAMNIT MAN! READ FIRST!

-Sketch
Your Dad.